Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger work on the TS.

Philo_Beddoe

For those of you that have had trigger work done on the TS, did you notice much, if any improvement over the factory trigger? The factory trigger on my TS is already pretty light and crisp, would installing the CZ custom competition hammer improve the trigger pull much?

Thanks

I installed a comp hammer, an aluminum trigger and did some polishing. The trigger became much crisper, removing the slight amount of pre-travel present with the stock setup, and dropped the pull a couple ounces. Also, buy using the pre- and over-travel, trigger screws, I was able to tune a very crisp trigger with very little pre- and over-travel. It was a worthy endeavor, and I got to tinker with my TS.

The stock trigger on the TS is very good, but the race hammer is a worth while investment, it reduces the overall travel and adds to the crispness.

Mine travels just over 2mm at the tip and breaks at 1 pound, nine ounces with an eighteen pound hammer spring (I find light hammer springs lead to a mushy break).

My $.02 - definitely get the adjustable flat trigger in there - it's only $40 and it allows you to get rid of the pre-travel (you could already get rid of the overtravel with the stock trigger.) The rest of it I don't think will make a difference in competition because the trigger is already fantastic out of the box (mine was sub 2 lbs and the reset is short.)

For those of you that have had trigger work done on the TS, did you notice much, if any improvement over the factory trigger? The factory trigger on my TS is already pretty light and crisp, would installing the CZ custom competition hammer improve the trigger pull much?

Thanks

I am having the same debate, I just picked up my TS last week and the trigger is 1.75 lbs out of the box. For now I think I'm going to polish it up a little and shoot it for a couple of months as is.

Out of the box I was 1lb 14oz. I added the CZC comp hammer and it didn't reduce the weight but it definitely cleaned up the pull and made it a bit more crisp. I also put in the aluminum CZC SA trigger but not the flat one. I have larger hands so I didn't want a trigger reach that was too short. Also, since I am shooting a Shadow in Production so I wanted an SA trigger that still had a bit of curve to it. It isn't major but I feel like the aluminium trigger has less flex than the plastic trigger and contributes to the crisp feel. The only issue I had is that the aluminum SA trigger didn't have a trigger spring hole drilled for the TS so I had to do that myself.

Damn...wish I'd known that (that the stock trigger has pre-travel adjustment) - I didn't see a screw in it for pre-travel so I assumed it did not. Put the flat aluminum one in just now...tiny bit of pre-travel, no over-travel, short reset, 2 lbs - pretty awesome for stock with half hour of work. My Tanfoglios are total nightmares compared to this.