Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

With some claasifiers being removed?

aandabooks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot 13-5 at my last match and now it is on the remove list. I'm not classified yet in Production. Will this classifier still count since I shot it prior to the notice of removal?

If this is not in the proper forum, please move.

I assume you're talking about the ones that have been proposed to be removed over in the revolver section? Assuming so if you shot it before it's retired your score for it will be used. I shot in in January to get my Single Stack classification and it's still showing up on USPSA's web site.

Just found this in the revolver section:

Hello USPSA Section Coordinators and Club Presidents,

Per direction from USPSA President, Phil Strader, I am sending this email. Please get this out to all Match Setup staff, directly.

With the division change to Revolver, allowing 8-shot Minor, going into play in February...USPSA needs to pull some of the classifiers (at least for the time being). See the list below. You are getting this ahead of any changes on the USPSA website.

Nobody wants to lose any classifiers...even for a little bit. However, if you take a look at the list, most will show a clear advantage when comparing an 8-shot gun to a 6-shot. Such is the nature of the beast.

Please don't run the classifiers on the list. All other classifiers on the USPSA Classification page should be current (over 60 classifiers to choose from in upcoming matches).

Here is the list of impacted classifiers. Again, please don't run these, as they are in the process of being removed from the website:

DVC,

Kyle F.

USPSA Area 5 Director

Classification Committee Chair

This is ridiculous, all this to accommodate maybe 15 Revo shooters in the country? Wtf

Actually 119 shooters shot the revolver national last year so it has a little more impact than the 15 of us that shoot it month to month :).

I have had a chance to shoot some of those being deleted and enjoyed them! Is it going to effect this next with this 8 scoring hits from any single location rule:

1.2.1.1 Short Courses: must not require more than 12 rounds to complete and no more than 2 shooting locations. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

1.2.1.2 Medium Courses: must not require more than 20 rounds to complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

1.2.1.3 Long Courses: in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

This is ridiculous, all this to accommodate maybe 15 Revo shooters in the country? Wtf

Actually 119 shooters shot the revolver national last year so it has a little more impact than the 15 of us that shoot it month to month :).

And the vast majority of those were single stack competitors who borrowed a wheel gun to shoot a 2nd nationals on the same weekend.

Based on what I see at local matches in this area, revolver shooters make up less than 5% of USPSA competitors.

And the vast majority of those were single stack competitors who borrowed a wheel gun to shoot a 2nd nationals on the same weekend.

Based on what I see at local matches in this area, revolver shooters make up less than 5% of USPSA competitors.

No doubt revolver shooters are the minority but what difference does that make? Just because USPSA chose to retire some classifiers isn't a big deal. There's still plenty more to choose from and I'm certain we'll see new classifiers in the future.

I shot a match last Saturday 77 plus shooters ONE ( 1 ) rev shooter..

Our club is the same way. It's usually 30-40 shooters and then me shooting revolver. At our steel challenge match this month we had another guy shooting revolver. These classifiers being removed was talked about on facebook and as part of that discussion I looked some information up based on the Area 6 match:

- in 2011 Area 6 match had 4 revolver shooters

- in 2012 Area 6 match had 5 revolver shooters

- in 2013 Area 6 match had 5 revolver shooters

- Registered for the 2014 Area 6 match are 13 revolver shooters

Granted it's possible the number of revolver shooters for the Area 6 match this year can change but still that's quite a jump for the revolver division.

Trust me, not all regular REVO shooters wanted this at all, my humble opinion is that this is BS, and all I shoot in USPSA is REVO, we are a small happy group, we don't bother anyone.

It would sure be nice to hear an official explanation of why this went down, and what the reasoning was behind it. Something that should have impacted a few now impacts all.

It was determined by the USPSA BoD that a review would take place. From the December 2013 Meeting Minutes:

"Revolver Classifiers

Classification Committee to review classifiers that need to be retired NLT

January 31, 2014. Acceptable replacements must be adopted in a reasonable

time."

Here's the post where a classification committee representative asked for input: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=188029&p=2078541

I wish he would have asked for input in the USPSA forum instead of the revolver forum.

why is this turning into an "us versus them" thing.

is your opinion somehow more valuable then those who it actually might effect?

I bet if the letter stating the retiring of some classifiers was not release I doubt anybody would of even noticed they were gone

Edited by alecmc