Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division Idea

ZackJones

I may have inhaled too much case lube this afternoon but while running 500 pieces of brass through the resizing die and then Lee bulge buster kit but I started thinking about a new USPSA division so here's the idea.

Take our current Production division and rename it to Production 10. It remains exactly as it is today. The only thing that changes is the name.

Create a new Production division that has the same rules as production have today but with the following modifications:

1 - High capacity magazines can be filled to full capacity.

2 - Major power factor permitted with 165 floor like other divisions.

3 - .40 S&W caliber or greater required for Major power factor.

I know a lot of shooters will make the jump from production to limited (that's what I did back in the day). I'm sure there's lots of things I haven't thought through yet but I wanted to toss the idea out there and see what others thought about it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the spirit of 3.3.1, there will need to be a revised 3.3.1, which states that ALL divisions must now be limited to the lowest round count governed by any paid USPSA member's legal jurisdiction. Since we now have the NY 7 rd limit, all divisions will be amended to Open 7, Lim 7, Lim 10-7, Production 7, SS 7. Revolver's are exempt.

FYI: 2 Martinis on board.

Based on the spirit of 3.3.1, there will need to be a revised 3.3.1, which states that ALL divisions must now be limited to the lowest round count governed by any paid USPSA member's legal jurisdiction. Since we now have the NY 7 rd limit, all divisions will be amended to Open 7, Lim 7, Lim 10-7, Production 7, SS 7. Revolver's are exempt.

FYI: 2 Martinis on board.

FInally, my 8 shot 627 is a HI CAP!

So its limited division with the mag pouches and holster in the same place as production?

No it would still be production approved guns but you can use high capacity magazines. You couldn't shoot your STI Edge, etc in the new division.

yeah, that's too close to Limited. I think a better idea would be Production like IPSC, where you have 15 rounds and raceholsters. All minor scoring

That's not a bad idea. I am not very familiar with IPSC divisions but that would work as well.

Don't see the point of a new division. If all you have is .40 production gun just shoot .40 minor. If you don't reload there is plenty of .40 minor ammo online if you look around. All that adding another division does is water down the competition in the current divisions

You might have a lot of IDPA shooters switch over...

Idpa guys for the most part shoot minor with only 10 rounds already. They would be better off in the current production division

Edited by bigfish

How about the super-duty easy Production division? You can shoot 9mm minor round production guns with major scoring and have 40 round mags. You get an automatic three second handicap over every other shooter. You can wear your gun and mags anywhere you want on your body and Texas Stars don't count. I'm in!!!

What not simply allow you fill your mags to their limit as long as they still fit in the box as the mags that come with the gun are production mags. If you want to limit mag capacity then shoot L10 or SS ... Leave everything else the same ...

Never understood what is "Production" about only allowing 10 rds in the mag as production magazines hold more ....

Edited by Nimitz

We really don't need any additional divisions So now you want basically striker fired limited for the guys wanting to shoot limited without an sti. Fill mags to capacity and fit the box then the taran pads would be even more popular to get max rounds. There are enough divisions as is and it's not hard to find one that suites you

Edited by EkuJustice

Oh, oh! My turn, my turn!

I want production optics classes, broken down in such a way that I am shooting only against: striker fired guns, shot by people born between 1/1/1949 and 12/31/1949. They can not be more than 5' 9" tall and must weigh at least 175 pounds. Oh, and drivers license must state corrective lenses required to drive.

Yeah, that should make me competitive again! :roflol: