Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Welded lifter possible problem

GreenDragon64

I and to answer the what was it doing guesting it was jamming on the side toward the top (all that has been smoothed out too) like maybe the spring wasn't pushing it far enough in the carrier, I had some in ATL that wouldn't make it fully in the chamber off the carrier

I and to answer the what was it doing guesting it was jamming on the side toward the top (all that has been smoothed out too) like maybe the spring wasn't pushing it far enough in the carrier, I had some in ATL that wouldn't make it fully in the chamber off the carrier

I bet it was happening on the last shell or two when the mag spring had the least amount of tension. The mag spring has to have enough tension to launch the shell hard enough to overcome the shell release springs(double spring behind the shell release). I found this out the hard way too when trying to use a weaker mag spring.

In ATL it was jamming all the time, Sunday it would do it on the last 3 or 4 in there so hopefully that's it when I get the spring in and back from Scottie I'm gonna put that +1 I got from you in there and how far should I cut the spring I've heard 10-12" from the barrel, also I believe I'm gonna get a +2 cap now thinning about that green one since I can get it cheaper do you think you could have that one anodized for me too or would it have to be a larger order to do that again? Thanks Ryan

Brock, I don't know if this is a moot point or not, but for my +9, Nordic's instructions stated 16" past. I do have a hard time putting in the 12th and 13th shells, but I haven't cut any off the spring or left the tube loaded to see if that affects loading or cycling any.

In ATL it was jamming all the time, Sunday it would do it on the last 3 or 4 in there so hopefully that's it when I get the spring in and back from Scottie I'm gonna put that +1 I got from you in there and how far should I cut the spring I've heard 10-12" from the barrel, also I believe I'm gonna get a +2 cap now thinning about that green one since I can get it cheaper do you think you could have that one anodized for me too or would it have to be a larger order to do that again? Thanks Ryan

Don't consider that barrel length when figuring what length to cut the spring. Cut the spring 12-14" longer that the entire length of your mag tube.

Also, no problem with getting your +2 anodized. In fact I can just swap you for mine +$5.