Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2" belt inner to gun rule

cpa5oh

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Steve RA is my long lost brother. :)

Back on topic about the 2" measurement from the attachment point to the grip. If the shooter has his gun canted back so much that a perpendicular line from the attachment point extends out to the slide, but not the grip, do you accept the distance as long as it is less than or equal to 2" (and that the butt of the gun is still at the same level as the top of the belt)?

Back on topic about the 2" measurement from the attachment point to the grip. If the shooter has his gun canted back so much that a perpendicular line from the attachment point extends out to the slide, but not the grip, do you accept the distance as long as it is less than or equal to 2" (and that the butt of the gun is still at the same level as the top of the belt)?

Perhaps measuring from the bottom of the belt would reach the grip?

It would work for the Ghost holter and the WSM II, but with the 2013 version of the Racemaster, you can move the top pivot at the belt attachment back, and then tilt the bottom pivot to cant the gun so that the grip does not line up with the belt attachment. Here's a picture of the 2013 Racemaster for reference:

silver_2013.jpg

Take your belts off and holster the gun and lay them down on a table where they can't lean out. If you are 2" or under doing this you are good to go.

I know what they say about opinions but in Limited and Open this is a ridiculous rule to begin with. IDPA is the concealed carry game.

Edited by Jaxshooter

If you consider the mag release to be a reloading device, if the the start condition is "gun unloaded and holstered; all reloading devices in ammo can", would you disassemble your gun and put the mag release inside the ammo can?

Nice!

It would work for the Ghost holter and the WSM II, but with the 2013 version of the Racemaster, you can move the top pivot at the belt attachment back, and then tilt the bottom pivot to cant the gun so that the grip does not line up with the belt attachment.

Are you hypothesizing, or can you actually make that adjustment and still have the backstrap even with the top of the belt?

Right now, I'm hypothesizing because it looks like with the 2013 version the forward and back sway of the arm has more leeway, and the new ball joint system looks to have more angular motion available to it.

I've got the pre-2013 version of of Racemaster. I believe that I can make a similar adjustment keeping the the butt of the grip even with the top of the belt, but not have the grip perpendicularly measurable from the attachment point. If I succeed, I'll post pictures.

If I don't succeed, then I case this is just a matter of the RM will have to make a call when somebody eventually make such a holster where the attachment point is not necessarily radially lined up with the grip.

Edited by Skydiver

Seems they need a definition of "point of attachment" as it could be construed to be the top of the belt, or the bottom of the belt. Then, if the bottom, you could measure to the magazine release (right handed shooter) which would make it closer than most other measurable parts.

Mostly I'm not sure exactly where the point of attachment is ??? I'm pretty sure the magazine release would be considered a "reloading device".

no mate. the reloading devices they are talking about are seperate to the gun. they mean magazines or speedloaders.

and if you want to be technical a magazine release button has nothing to do with REloading. it's an UNloading device. it does nothing to get more bullets into a gun... it can only get some out, or (in normal use) release the now empty reloading device...

Edited by BeerBaron

Seems they need a definition of "point of attachment" as it could be construed to be the top of the belt, or the bottom of the belt. Then, if the bottom, you could measure to the magazine release (right handed shooter) which would make it closer than most other measurable parts.

Mostly I'm not sure exactly where the point of attachment is ??? I'm pretty sure the magazine release would be considered a "reloading device".

no mate. the reloading devices they are talking about are seperate to the gun. they mean magazines or speedloaders.

and if you want to be technical a magazine release button has nothing to do with REloading. it's an UNloading device. it does nothing to get more bullets into a gun... it can only get some out, or (in normal use) release the now empty reloading device...

Don't get him going again. This has been beaten to death, and we're in a no-trolling zone.