Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

channel liner question

G17

I was just doing some cleaning on my 17 today and when i pulled the striker assembly out i noticed the channel liner came out with it. Quite a bit of CLP had works it's way into the striker channel which was my main reason for taking it apart to begin with. I'v taken my Glock's apart 100's of times and have never had a channel liner back its way out. Does that mean it's time for a new one? Wasn't really sure how long those things last for. I pushed it back down the channel but it seems to be sliding a bit, not sure if this will affect anything. Gun seems to dry fire fine.

Haven't really kept track of how many rounds are through the gun. If i had to estimate i'd say 8 or 9k. Anyone know how long the channel liner is good for?

And be careful with the oil from now on. There should be no oil in there. Oil in that area will cause light strikes

I started getting a few light strikes which is why i decided to clean it. I usually clean my gun every 3-4k rounds, but i tend to add a little CLP when it's looking dry. It ends up in the striker channel somehow.

Had the very same problem myself tonight, pulled the striker out and the channel liner came with it. Mine was worn very thin and the upper end was cracked about half way down. I lost count of how many rounds this one has on it. Pulled the old one out, inserted the tapered end of the new one into the channel and used the old channel liner to push the new one into place. I went ahead and replaced the Striker with a new Zev extended tip unit, replaced the striker spring, the striker spring keeper cups, the striker sleeve and added a new 4lb spring. Good for another 10k.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Yep, they were worn out also. I had a few light primer strikes on Wednesday at the practice range and just figured it was time for a good in-depth cleaning. When I took the slide cover off and removed the striker the whole ugly mess came out with it. After looking at my notes this was the original liner that came with the gun. It is worn completely out along with striker spring cups.

As to the question of how long the channel liner will last, this one lasted about 10k. As I said in an earlier post I installed one of the Zev extended strikers and a 4 pound spring. With the 4 pound spring, the stock striker would give light strikes whenever I was using CCI small pistol primers. With the Zev installed I shot 400 rounds today using the harder CCI primers without a single hic-up. I noticed that the trigger has a touch more creep in it using the Zev but it lights off the hard primers with the light spring every time.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Just ordered some preventative maintenance stuff..

New channel liner

Striker Sleeve

A few backup spring kits

My spring cups are looking rough so i decided to order a set of the marine cups just for giggles.

and yah, that's it. Keep me from breaking down for a bit. yep yep