Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aek Trigger/Polymer Trigger

bwtrayer

I have one on my m&p pro but my buddy has the carry model on his compact. I have compared both side by side. The trigger pretravel and over travel was the exact same. However, the trigger pull was a pound or two higher. Very crisp feel.

I have one on my m&p pro but my buddy has the carry model on his compact. I have compared both side by side. The trigger pretravel and over travel was the exact same. However, the trigger pull was a pound or two higher. Very crisp feel.

Did you also have the apex comp. kit on yours? If so, it should break about 1.5 pounds lighter than the duty kit. I already have the duty/carry kit plus the RAM in my carry gun, just wondering if I need the trigger.

Yes I have the comp kit with the trigger. It is about two pounds lighter than the carry model. I also have the Ram and it made the reset sharper, a more distinct "snap". I am not sure if I would go any lighter, especially with a carry gun.

Edited by spikers220

I'm not sure I'd say that, but I couldn't answer that question myself. I do know that the Poly AEK trigger came with a heavier sear spring to bring the weight up. The pin locations of the Poly AEK trigger offer better leverage to the point that it's needed or the trigger could possibly be to light. I think I learned that in one of the Apex Tactical Youtube videos.

• 4 weeks later...

I just put the polymer trigger kit in my carry gun over the weekend and it is awesome. I haven’t used one of the aluminum ones but this one is nice. Tried both trigger return springs and went with the heavier one and it breaks at a little over 4lbs for me. Took it out and shot it a little but will run it through its paces next weekend. The one complaint I have is that now there no is indication of the reset point, if there was absolutely no pre travel like my 1911 then that would be ok but since there is still some I would like to be able to feel the reset a little. Can anyone comment to what adding the reset ram would do to this kit and also why they included the RAM spring in the kit but not the RAM, that through me off when I was installing it. Might pull the ram out of my other m&p to see if it makes a difference.

All in all this kit was totally worth it and made a huge difference in the handling of this gun and I would recommend it anyone looking for a better trigger.

Put just the poly trigger and Apex USB in my .40c, everything else is factory parts (including trigger spring). Trigger feels slightly lighter before breaking, but have no gauge to verify. It may just be much better finger purchase and feel on the the face of the Apex trigger that gives that impression. I hated the factory hinged trigger, and the Apex poly trigger and USB made for very smooth uptake, and crisp break of the trigger. Well worth the $$$. No problems trusting it for carry purposes.