Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Georgia State Championships Sept. 11th-13th

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Cherokee Gun Club, Gainesville GA. is proud to announce that the 2014 Georgia State Championships is to be held at our range again this year.

Dates of 11th - 13th September, 2nd Saturday, regular match weekend.

Sign up with be at www.matchsignup.com again this year, and that will be available March/April (6 months ahead of match dates)

We will stay with our 6-7 shooter squads and run the entire 9 stages and chrono in one 5 hour session (AM & PM sessions).

There is a possibility that we will have staff shoot on Thursday (only one session), and work Fri/Sat with paid hotel accommodations.

Stay tuned for updates.

I searched everywhere but couldn't find what time the Saturday AM matches started. I'll be driving from the Ft. Bragg area and need to figure out my travel plans.

If you are coming from Bragg I'd recommend coming down the night before.... The match reg normally opens at 7 or so and first shots at 8.... The match is fast paced too....

appreciate it RadarTech

Your welcome!

Maybe I'll see you there!!!

Any news? IF the shirts that come with the price of admission, are those cool shirts from GUNSTA. They look good but come 1 size small.

I agree on the 1 size small.

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up Thursday for the match, Friday afternoon session. This will be my first major, and really getting pumped! Btw, what's everyone think of the email sent this morning? I'm driving 4 hours for the match, so haven't decided how to reply yet.

Friday shooter,

As there is only 21 people signed up for Friday AM squads, I am going to blend the AM & PM sessions together, and only have one session. I am emailing you to make sure this is not going to be an issue for you or your travel plans?

You will be moved as a complete squad, so don't worry about not being with who you originally planned to shoot with.

Originally we planned to have AM shooters start at 7:30 and finish at 12:30, lunch break and then the PM session start at 1:00pm until 6:00pm.

I am intending to blend all Friday squads and have one session starting at 10:00am, lunch break at 12:30 and finishing at 3:30pm

Please only respond (directly to me, don't copy all, BCC'ed anyway) to this email if this creates a situation that you can no longer shoot the match, I can assist by pushing you into Thursday or Saturday if really necessary.

I appreciate your working with me on this

Peter Oliver

GA03 GA. State MD.

So Friday shooters get an hour break for lunch or whatever in the shooting and the rest of us shoot straight trough in a half day hustle. But what can we do, shut up and shoot. Lol

Edited by a matt