Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Georgia State Championships Sept. 11th-13th

Eric you are going to love that area. I lived there for 10 years. Plenty of nice ranges and if you want to shoot long range rifle there is some places near there that have 800-1000 yard ranges

Hello: We bought a house there already. Lots of real trees and it rains. I still have to get there and find all the great places to shoot. Looking forward to it. Kids have to finish school so hopefully by June I will be shooting. Thanks, Eric

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have to get there and find all the great places to shoot.

Not to Hi-Jack the post - but -- Welcome to the area! We moved from NJ to Georgia a year ago, and love it here - the people are exceptional, and, the weather is great!

(Besides Rifle), I thought that it may help to know match dates and range locations - Here are the USPSA Ranges in the 'ATL' area -

1. South River Gun Club - Covington - 1st Sunday of every month

2. Cherokee Gun Club - Gainesville - 2nd Saturday of the month

3. River Bend Gun Club - Dawsonville - 4th Saturday of the Month

There is also:

*Steel Challenge on the 3rd Saturday of the month at Cherokee Gun Club (Gainesville)

*Atlanta 3 Gun on the 3rd Sunday of EVERY month - at South River Gun Club (Covington)

forgive me if I'm missing something - we still have yet to find ALL of the events in the area ourselves - these are some of the more 'popular' match dates, for the greater ATL area

ALL of these matches can be found on Facebook - as well as the Area 6 Facebook page, for more links to areas outside of ATL

Hope it may help you out when you arrive in June!

NJGlockGirl: I appreciate the info. We will be living in Alpharetta so it looks like some of those clubs will be close. I am also looking for shotgun clubs as well if you know of any? Not sure about 3-gun since I have not shot that in some time since we lived in Corpus Christi TX. Thanks, Eric

While I myself don't shoot Skeet or Trap, my husband does - and all three clubs have pretty nice shot gun fields. I am not sure about the schedule though - but they do at least offer it up for those that like shooting shotgun! Here are the links to the three clubs. And as far as memberships, South River in Covington has immediate membership available (family members are all on the same membership). Cherokee has a pretty long wait list right now,,,, and I'm not 100% sure about River Bend up in Dawsonville - we are a little ways from that one - and it wasn't feasible to join from where we live - but its a beautiful club - and great for USPSA! (all three clubs offer matches open to the public of all sorts of shooting sports). I figured I'd give you the websites so you can see for yourself! If you need anymore help, or have questions feel free to ask, just about anybody on here from Georgia is more than happy to help - nice crowd for sure!

http://www.southrivergunclub.com/ (Covington)

http://www.cherokeegunclub.org (Gainesville)

/http://www.rbgc.org/ (Dawsonville)

NJGlockGirl: I appreciate the info. We will be living in Alpharetta so it looks like some of those clubs will be close. I am also looking for shotgun clubs as well if you know of any? Not sure about 3-gun since I have not shot that in some time since we lived in Corpus Christi TX. Thanks, Eric

I lived in Buford. Which isn't far from Alpharetta at all. Your in a good spot matches all around you and close by. I'm lucky that I live in south Louisiana it's the same here

There is also North Atlanta Action Shooters. Indoor match at Bullseye in Cumming every Sunday night 6-9pm. GPSL is at Ranges, Guns and Safes in Norcross every Tuesday night 6-9pm.

They still have 229 openings. Friday, Saturday am & pm have slots open. It's is only about 1/3 full as of Sat am, the 3rd. I would sign up if I'm wanting to shoot this one. Who knows it might take off like A6 and then you are on the always fun waiting list. Good luck all.

It's filling up quick! Gonna be a FANTASTIC match!!! There is also the South East Pro-Am match in November that just opened for sign ups as well - spots are going FAST!!!
I'm sure that there is a forum page for this match as well - but just in case I thought that it would be a good idea to post a link to the registration page!

http://www.proamse.com/register.html

I would take my vtwin to the match and it has been lowered. So just about any bike from chopper to Aprilia would be fine.

Park up near stage 1. I'm sure you will be ok unless you are bringing the bike club with you. Lol

Edited by a matt