Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 41 in CDP

sweetback

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am starting to think that Glock actually thought it out and designed the G41 to use G34/35 holsters. there are tons of them around, and saves people from having to buy a new holster. All one would need if they have a 34/35 holster is a mag pouch.

if its true, its one of the the smarter thing that Glock has done.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a chance to put one through some drills last weekend with many thanks to the local Glock dealer for providing it and it's little .380 buddy for us to check out!...

Nice and straight shooter fit my G17 rig as well as a CompTac for the 34 but a little tight. FYI Limited 10 guys running a ghost. Trigger guard dimensions are same same. Noticed the gun liked my 1911 IDPA loads but was a little cranky with my slightly hotter L10 rounds.

On a side note anyone noticed they skipped Glock 40??? Dare I hope that a 10mm version to sit in that space is coming? Hopefully they are following tradition and there will be a 10mm!!

• 1 month later...

Bought one, handled it but have not shot it. Toyed with using it for CDP but decided to build a limited 10/limited gun and sent it to ZEV to be chopped and channeled. Will see how it does when it comes back.

• 2 months later...

I shoot a G21 in CDP and now I am wondering if it would be worth the upgrade to a G41.

I know a longer sight radius can only help.

How is the recoil vs a G21? Does the extra weight of the G21 slide soften felt recoil? Does the longer slide balance the gun for quicker follow up shots?

• 2 months later...

Anyone with a Comp Tac 34 holster to test fit the 41?! I'm a blink away from picking the one up at my lgs and Sunday is my birthday!

Waiting to hear from Mark at Summit if he has LEO mags in stock. Having a holster that fits would be a plus and maybe the push over the edge!!

I shoot a G21 in CDP and now I am wondering if it would be worth the upgrade to a G41.

I know a longer sight radius can only help.

How is the recoil vs a G21? Does the extra weight of the G21 slide soften felt recoil? Does the longer slide balance the gun for quicker follow up shots?

In Foghorn's review he shot the 21 & 41 side-by-side and said the 21was very slightly softer shooting - the slide is about 3oz. heavier than the 41. His review conclusion was positive but the rub was longer sight radius vs slightly softer shooting.

Edited by mingaa

I have had a G41 for several months. It would not be my gun of choice for CDP - too light. Mine weighs between my G34 and G35. IMO a 1911 is a much better choice. I do shoot my G41 in ESP at a 130 PF. Even then it does not shoot as softly as a 1911 at a 130PF. When I get bored with my G35 I will shoot either the G41 or Kimber. With the Kimber I start with 10 in the gun and a 9 round reload. 10 works out pretty well most of the time.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone installed a Bobby Carver big mouth mag well on there G41.

If so could you post a picture and explain how much you took off to make It fit the box.

Edited by sweetback