Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We are excited to announce that, for the first time in 3-Gun history, a ladies-only major 3-Gun match will be hosted in 2014!

The Brownells Lady 3-Gun Challenge will be hosted by Atlanta 3-Gun at the South River Gun Club near Atlanta, Georgia on October 31 through November 1, 2014. Kay Miculek and I have teamed up as Match Directors and a winning team of match staff Sandra Orvig, Athena Means, Shelley Giddings, Candy Sugarman, and Janna Reeves.

After our very busy and productive week at SHOT SHOW we learned how truly amazing the shooting industry is in supporting the growth of Lady Shooters across the nation. With their support we have built a prize table for this match that is beyond any we have seen!

Please Share this with every Lady you know and encourage them to sign-up on February 8th.

· Brownells is the Title Sponsor

· Hosted By Atlanta 3 Gun at South River Gun Club near Atlanta, GA

· 9 Stages

· 200 Female Only Shooters (approx. 30 Sponsor Slots)

· Approximately 35 Match Staff and RO Shooters (men who are RO'ing can shoot the match on Thursday for bragging rights ONLY)

· Cost $225

· Registration Opens February 8th

· Match Hotel - TBA

· We will Operate By 3 Gun Nation Regional Series Rules

· Divisions - Competitors will be able to shoot in one of the following divisions:

o Tac Optics

o Tac-Irons

o Open

· Match Staff

o Lisa Marie Judy- Asst. 3 Gun Nation Pro-Series- Match Director

o Kay Miculek- Team Smith & Wesson- Assistant Match Director

o Sandra Orvig - Team Black Rain Ordinance, Stats and Banquet Coordinator

o Larry Turner- 3 Gun Nation-Stage Designer

o Chris Palmer- Owner, Atlanta 3 Gun- Range Master

o Janna Reeves- Team Noveske Sponsor Coordinator

o Candy Sugarman- Marketing and Social Media

o Athena Means-Owner, GunGoddess.com- Sponsor Coordinator

o Shelley Giddings, Editor, Gun Up Magazine- Press Releases

· The Match will be announced next week at Shot Show

· Pro-Am style Venue Breakdown

Definitions of Pro & Am will be clarified before registration (Kay is thinking on it so we don't get any Sandbaggers!)

· Banquet Location-TBA

· There will be 2 half day Babes with Bullets 3 Gun Clinics on Wednesday October 29th Cost will be $50

· Babes with Bullets will provide loaner firearms and equipment

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super excited about this match. I think this is a great idea, especially for new shooters who may be intimidated by the prospect of entering a large-scale match. I have the registration date marked on my calendar. And my fingers are crossed I make it in.

Thanks to all the fabulous people who helped make this possible!

Beginners who might be nervous & curious about this upcoming match...

Join me on www.ArmedCandy.net as I learn, write about and discuss competition shooting. I will be going to matches around Georgia and talking to accomplished female shooters in order to understand all the details. I bet I'm not the only one with tons of questions, so let's learn together!

Gabby

• 3 weeks later...

To any of the men signing up as Volunteer RO's...you may want to use a different email address than your spouse if she is shooting.

When I signed up to RO via the volunteer link, all of my wife's squad, division and shooter info stayed the same, but was replaced with my name.

Lisa-Marie had to go in and manually change the name back to my wife...and it updated to her on the shooter and RO list, so it must be tied to the email address. She's looking into it to try to get it resolved if possible.

Figured I'd throw that out there so maybe I'll be the only guy who was like :surprise: when I saw my name show up on a squad for this match.

Edited by New4John

2Lady3GunClass.jpg

***WIN*** Something for the LADIES!

Enter for your chance to win a spot to this class, and to top it off... Tarheel 3-Gun will SUPPLY AMMO to the winner to participate! Click the picture above and follow the directions (you will be taken to Facebook) to be entered to win.

Details about the class:
We are proud to announce Tarheel 3-Gun is sponsoring the Introduction to 3-Gun Class with Kay Miculek. This class is the Monday following the 3-Gun Nation Southeast Regional.

When: March 3, 2014 (day after 3-Gun Nation Southeast Regional), 8am-5pm.
Where: Clinton House, Clinton, SC

Loaner equipment is available. Round count: 200 rifle, 200 pistol, 75 birdshot.

Registering is not required to be entered to win, but the class is limited to 15 shooters (If you're going to attend no matter what, don't hesitate to sign up). To secure your spot go here (if you win the free spot from Tarheel 3-Gun, you will be reimbursed by Tarheel 3-Gun): http://squadsignup.com/lady3gun/introclass.php

Edited by csole

Just registered, was #213 though. Thought only 200 competitors. Not complaining though just curious, I am now regretting waiting to sign up. This will be my first 3gun and I'm new to competitive shooting as well. Excited to train in the next few months. Any tips appreciated!

Clarification though: will firearms be available for rent during the event or just for the clinic before the event? Thanks!

Edited by Serenity

Hotel Information!!! We have a match hotel

Holiday Inn Express in 1302 Green Street, Conyers, GA 30013. 678-964-2400 there are 50 suites available for competitors and 30 reserved for RO's. Cost is $80 per night and ever suite includes a separate living room, fridge, microwave, breakfast and more!

Competitors please book with Code L3G and RO's with Code RO3.

• 3 weeks later...

SO I was working on some stuff for Ladies and I realized this one is on page 3!!! :angry2:

2014 is the year of the Lady!! I think! Don't forget, Brownells is also sponsoring a Ladies Shoot-Off at the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Shoot...not as wild as a Ladies' only Match...but...yeah Brownells and all those Ladies (and men) putting this together!!! :bow:

Bumpity, bump, bump!!! :goof:

• 2 months later...

I have a question...if guys want their own designated bathroom, so us women don't stink it up, will we allow that to show them we respect them as a minority at this match? ;-)

• 2 months later...

Anyone know is this going to be all bay style, or is there natural terrain. And what about long range, do we need to practice up for that?

Its an all bay match with the longest distance being approximately 80 yards.