Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speedloaders for M24 in Classic Div?

What speedloaders (and belt holders) are "best"/popular for ICORE Classic Division?

I've only used HKS loaders (for a six-shot J frame .32 Mag): HKS probably not optimum for competition.

Am aware of Safariland, SL Variant, and 5Star, but have no experience with them. Any others from which to choose?

Am wanting to use my new (to me) S&W M24-3 (.44 Special) occasionally for ICORE Classic Div. Would like to hear opinions/advice on appropriate speedloaders.

It seems that Safariland makes the Comp I for the M24, but apparently does not make the Comp II nor Comp III for the M24 .44 Special.

At $32 per loader plus $10 per Sport Grip, the SL Variant loaders are pricey - but then one usually gets what one pays for. True in this case?

Am sure interested in hearing opinions/advice from Classic Div shooters!

Thanks!

NV2472

I think I would go with HKS to start with.

Way cheaper, and not all that slow if you practice with them from an open top kydex carrier.

Kydex Carriers should not be a big problem for anyone making custom carriers. I have not made any N Frame carriers so far, but getting a Body Form made up would be about the only hold up for anyone making them.

I run a 64 and a 686. I use both Jet Loaders, and Comp III's. I still have several HKS speed Loaders I use for Load and Make Ready. My guess would be that the HKS would be maby 1/2 to 1 second slower than a Spring Loader speed loader.

Bob

ICORE MO2908

Edited by VIPERONE

• 4 months later...

I have a local shooter who wants to shoot his S&W 57 in ICORE Classic. I will start on his speed loader carriers next week.

I also have 2 of a 3 carrier order completed for a 625 shooting 45AR in Classic.

You can compete with some off the wall revolvers.

Bob R

Big Creek Kydex