Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 vs 35

Idoktr

If i were to shoot limited i would definitely go at least with the 35 and possible look into a 24. you're not going to be at THAT much of a disadvantage shooting the 22, but the longer sight radius of the 35/24 will help.

I think that, with the longer sight radius, you can get away with "looking through" your sights on more difficult targets than you can with the shorter sight radius. To me, that means more accuracy, faster...I definitely notice that between my G34 and other production guns (Shadow, Stock 2, K100 - all with a shorter sight radius.) However, I haven't noticed a significant difference in this regard between the G24 and the G35 - perhaps the extra inch and a half gained by the G34 puts the front sight far enough away from my nose that going any further doesn't have the same effect.

Personally, I never got into the zone with the 22s and had no desire to chase down the build. I found a used 24 through GB for 580 shipped with extra kit and sweet trij sights. Granted, not everyone will find THAT deal. If you're LE/MIL I'd grab a blue label Gen4 24/35.

Personally, I never got into the zone with the 22s and had no desire to chase down the build. I found a used 24 through GB for 580 shipped with extra kit and sweet trij sights. Granted, not everyone will find THAT deal. If you're LE/MIL I'd grab a blue label Gen4 24/35.

Thanks for the offer but I am neither.....

If i were to shoot limited i would definitely go at least with the 35 and possible look into a 24. you're not going to be at THAT much of a disadvantage shooting the 22, but the longer sight radius of the 35/24 will help.

thanks, thought so....

i owns and used both 22 and 35 in limited .currently shoot the 35 major . i think the 35 has a slight advantge with the longer sight radius.

slide lenght allows a full lenght guide rod for added weight up front ,not possible with the regular 22 slide. add a magwell to the 22 ; it doesn't make a concrete difference in the recoil management department . the shorter slide of the 22 is as nervous even with the heavy magwell, whereas the 35 extract more benefits of such mods with the weight bias toward a heavier front .

Your best bet for USPSA Limited if shooting a Glock would be either a 35 or 24. I shot a Glock 35 Gen 3 for a short time in Limited before going to an STI Edge. I shot the Glock just as well as I do the STI.