Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone go to SHOT show? If so, notice any new 3-gun type scopes?

JamesY

Any news or pics of the Burris reticle for the 1-5? Is it still the XTR reticle or do they have something newer?

Two reticles are available and they are both new, and better. The 1.5-8 is quite a bump up in price.

Any news or pics of the Burris reticle for the 1-5? Is it still the XTR reticle or do they have something newer?

Two reticles are available and they are both new, and better. The 1.5-8 is quite a bump up in price.

Well that sounds promising. Is it an improvement of the MTAC/Tac30 design? Also are they FFP or SFP?

Well that sounds promising. Is it an improvement of the MTAC/Tac30 design? Also are they FFP or SFP?

On the reticles, I think so. The MTAC is still in play, but to me, the XTRII offers some significant improvements over both the MTAC and the XTR. The XTRII 1-5 is offered with both a 5.56 BDC and a CQ mil T-bar style reticle. The 1-5 is a 30mm Rear FP and the 1.5-8 is a Dual Focal plane 34mm tube. The rest (2-10 on up to 8-40) are all 34mm FFP. I honestly have no idea what is so unique about the 1.5-8, but I will know by Thursday. In the higher power ranges, you can get a 30mm tube in FFP in their new Veracity line.

I would assume now if not very soon. Our distributors already have them listed...just none in stock yet.

From the Burris 2014 catalog, it looks like they have dropped the G2 XTR 1-4x from their line and replaced it with this XTR II model. If I'm reading the catalog correctly, they will offer the scope in two different RFP reticles.

Is the $799 price for the 1-5x the MSRP or is it an estimate of what we will need to pay?

They will be shipping in about 2 weeks. I must say the 1.5 to 8 is very unique. The dfp has the center stay the same while the ladders change size depending on magnification. The veracity line will be awesome for precision and some hunting applications.

The 1-4 xtr is gone, but the tac30 and MISC lines remain.

The prism 1x is very impressive.

They will be shipping in about 2 weeks. I must say the 1.5 to 8 is very unique. The dfp has the center stay the same while the ladders change size depending on magnification. The veracity line will be awesome for precision and some hunting applications.

The 1-4 xtr is gone, but the tac30 and MISC lines remain.

The prism 1x is very impressive.

Mark,

How does the AR-1x reticle work out for drops? Are the lower bars or whatever they call them feasible?

I would assume now if not very soon. Our distributors already have them listed...just none in stock yet.

From the Burris 2014 catalog, it looks like they have dropped the G2 XTR 1-4x from their line and replaced it with this XTR II model. If I'm reading the catalog correctly, they will offer the scope in two different RFP reticles.

Is the $799 price for the 1-5x the MSRP or is it an estimate of what we will need to pay?

$799 is MSRP. I am sure they can be acquired for less depending on your dealers markup.

The lower bars work well. They had writers hitting at 500 with them. Enough to keep the optic over the bore as well. While I am not a limited shooter, one of the prototypes will be mounted next week so I can try it myself.