Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri 147gr OAL?

HOGRIDER

Have a semi drop-in Bar-Sto barrel in my G17, and going to load Missouri Bullets 147gr L-FP for less expensive practice using minor PF (900fps). Of course, I hope to develop a load where accuracy is first priority. Then if I miss, I know it's me and not the ammo! ;)

Was checking for OAL using fltbed's procedure that he explained here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167553&p=1860182

Checking with the Starrett mic, it's coming out to approximately 1.137". Now if I shorten the recommended .015", then I'm going to be right around 1.122". At first this seems a bit short compared to the 147gr MG/Zero loads I've been shooting at ~1.140" - 1.142" in the factory Glock barrel which I realize has different chamber specs/rifling..........

Am I correct in thinking that the ogive of the LFP is normally going to require a shorter OAL?

Thanks for any feedback.

HR

I've only used BB 147 LFP, so don't know how the profile compares with MBs. That said, I run the BBs at 1.135 (G17 w/factory barrel) and have had good accuracy (using WSF) and perfect function.

FL:

I feel confident if I was using the stock G17 barrel these rounds would load out a bit longer. Guess there's not too many here using 147gr lead loads.....especially with an aftermarket barrel.

Once I get the bench built, and the XL650 set up, I'll hopefully have some time to develop a good load with the Missouri rounds.

Good to hear you're having success with the WSF. After a lot of reading/research, I've heard that many lead shooters say Unique and lead are a "match made in heaven"; and that WSF is for all practical purposes, nearly identical to WSF. One experienced loader claimed he could use starting load info for Unique when there wasn't info available for WSF.

Normally use N320 for the jacketed loads; but I really want to see if I can develop a great load using lead and a reasonably available, inexpensive powder that will yield an accurate minor PF load.

Thanks for your feed back!!

:)