Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Local 3-Gun, Feb 23rd

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks to Brian & Bryan for all their work and taking on these matches.

Was great seeing some old friends & making several new ones...hope you guys had fun and come back to shoot with us again.

Hope everyone had fun and look forward to the next back to back match weekend at the rock!

Yes as usual a awesome 3 gun match put on by a couple of the top 3 gunners in the nation! Oh next time can we shoot the shotgun stage 5 times?

Yes, yes, yes PLEASE!

That was a FUN stage.

Bryan and Brian - Outstanding job with all aspects of the match!

That 24 shotgun target stage was a runaway favorite of our squad too

1901314_10202203782674584_1797159090_n.j

1896721_10202203785514655_80279505_n.jpg

Edited by GunCat

Well I think you can say interest in 3 gun is alive and well in this part of the country.

The number of entries we had did catch us by surprise, but we turned no one away. Mr. Ray ended up not shooting the match at all, just so he could be a runner, direct traffic, and handle MD tasks that become too much when you are a shooter too.

We will obviously be changing so things for future matches to better manage the demand. I appreciate everyone's patients and teamwork yesterday. To the new shooters, and we had a lot of them, you all fit right in by pitching in and helping. To the ROs who voluntarily took a squad of 23-26 shooters, you rock.

Is anyone intersted in scores? :)

https://practiscore.com/results/?uuid=6D441580-08DB-4695-A69D-4E9C67BCA514

Each stage was worth 100 points. We finished up running the last shooter yesterday and scored his targets by flashlight. All 110 shooters that finished the match shot 4 stages, even though they had different combinations of stages. We actually had 3 or 4 shooters that shot all 5 stages, but their scores for the 5th stage were not recorded.

I expect there may be a few errors, but I have the back-up sheets for squads 3,4, and 5. Squad 1 was confident in their iPad and Practiscore abilities and didn't keep one, and squad 2's may be floating around somewhere in my jeep. If there are any corrections, please let me know through either a PM or an email. These scores do not include most shooters 3 Gun Nation member numbers, because my fat little fingers couldn't keep up at registration. I will get these entered over the next couple days and update to Practiscore for you guys to check and make sure they are right. Our Club email list will also be updated with emails provided. Again, please direct any scoring issues to my email or a PM here on the site.

We padded the numbers a little. I had a couple duplicates, we ended up with only 113 that registered for the match. I would love to thank each and every RO by name that helped turn yesterday into a fun time, instead of a cluster#%^&, but I would leave some out. We have a great local 3 gun crew, and I must have had 20 people come up to me and say "tell me what you need us to do to help." These guys are the ones that make this sport great. We must have had 40 new shooters, maybe more, and the veterans helped get them ready, get the on the line on time, and get it scored. Thank You to all these guys and ladies.

We had prepared for having 65-70, and could have made that work w/ our 5 stages, but I think everyone realized that the extra 40 shooters was unexpected. We ran out of brown pasters, clays, went through what seemed like a dozen 9v timer batteries, and competitors expended around 16,500 rounds of ammo. All at a local match. :)

Details will follow, but we are working on a plan to make sure we don't have more shooters than we can get through the entire match, without turning ANYONE away and without compromising the quality, LENGTH, and fun factor of the stages.

We padded the numbers a little. I had a couple duplicates, we ended up with only 113 that registered for the match. I would love to thank each and every RO by name that helped turn yesterday into a fun time, instead of a cluster#%^&, but I would leave some out. We have a great local 3 gun crew, and I must have had 20 people come up to me and say "tell me what you need us to do to help." These guys are the ones that make this sport great. We must have had 40 new shooters, maybe more, and the veterans helped get them ready, get the on the line on time, and get it scored. Thank You to all these guys and ladies.

We had prepared for having 65-70, and could have made that work w/ our 5 stages, but I think everyone realized that the extra 40 shooters was unexpected. We ran out of brown pasters, clays, went through what seemed like a dozen 9v timer batteries, and competitors expended around 16,500 rounds of ammo. All at a local match. :)

Details will follow, but we are working on a plan to make sure we don't have more shooters than we can get through the entire match, without turning ANYONE away and without compromising the quality, LENGTH, and fun factor of the stages.

So much win in one post!!

I'm in a mood today, and I know I just posted this, but for the TLDR crowd I want to say it again: (to save some guys from googling- TLDR= too long, didn't read) SQUIRREL

Edited by Bryan 45

One thing that worked out well with so many shooters was stage reset. People were almost waiting in line to maybe get a chance to paste a target or reset steel. It was pretty awesome.

I had to google TLDR. I guess I'm not up to speed with you kids these days and your hip hop internet lingo :D

Edited by DDustin

Yes as usual a awesome 3 gun match put on by a couple of the top 3 gunners in the nation! Oh next time can we shoot the shotgun stage 5 times?

Yes, yes, yes PLEASE!

That was a FUN stage.

Bryan and Brian - Outstanding job with all aspects of the match!

That 24 shotgun target stage was a runaway favorite of our squad too

"Runaway Favorite" I get it!

Big fun! Just had to keep on......."Track".

Thanks for a great day of shooting 3G.

I hope to be back for the next one

I would love to thank each and every RO by name that helped turn yesterday into a fun time, instead of a cluster#%^&, but I would leave some out. We have a great local 3 gun crew, and I must have had 20 people come up to me and say "tell me what you need us to do to help." These guys are the ones that make this sport great. We must have had 40 new shooters, maybe more, and the veterans helped get them ready, get the on the line on time, and get it scored. Thank You to all these guys and ladies.

I would also like to say thanks to Bryan, the staff at Rockcastle, and all the RO's and volunteers at the Rockcastle 3 gun this past weekend.

My brother and I were 2 of the new shooters at the match, and this was our first 3 gun event. We had a great time, and everyone was extremely helpful and quick to give us tips and advice on how to get through our first match. By the time we got to our 3rd stage, we felt like 3 gun regulars, as if we'd been shooting with everyone on our squad for years. We tried to help reset as much as we could, but sometimes, there were so many volunteers, the stage was reset before we could even get out to the targets....

It's great to have Rockcastle in our back door, and we are looking forward to shooting a few more more of these matches this year. Hope to see most of you guys again this year at Rockcastle, or some of the other matches in the KY/TN region.

Edited by graysonp

That was the first time I experienced rifle fire in a multi-bay situation. I still can't hear worth a crap, even a week later! Guess I'll be doubling up on hearing protection even when I think I don't need it next time. The classifier stage was especially harsh, apparently standing behind and a bit to the side of a guy with a compensator is the worst place to be. You live and learn I guess, will know better next time.

I told Ray and Vaught this personally but the best part about this series is that the newbies such as myself are encouraged and given a chance. It's obvious that it takes upstanding guys with good character to put up with it all. It's really appreciated. Just really some top notch guys that are putting this thing on.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters