Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Use Berettas???

gunboy

I am new to this forum and sport.  I have shot sportiung clays for years and 'smithed many of those auto's.  Just wondering why I don't find accesories (extensions, stocks etc) for 303,390 Beretta's.  These are great dependable guns.  I have a 390 that I would love to add an extension to but cannot find.  ALSO, do any of you use the 1201FP?  I have been thinking about buying one but would have to mail order cold.  Any experiences would be appreciated.

Given that I'm completely biased in favour of my 1187, I did try a 1200FP and couldn't shoot it. For me the comb was way too high. Im not sure if the stock was adjustable. Recoil was much more severe than the remington and I've never seen mag extensions available for them. The gun I shot didn't have interchangeable chokes either.

Hope that helps, P.D.

I used a Beretta 1201 for a few months for 3-Gun.  There are two problems with them: magazine capacity is very limited, especially for 3-gun competition; and since they are extremely light they do recoil more. Even more than a Benelli.  They are excellent shotguns in every other way and I would feel very secure having one for personal protection.

I used a 1201 fp  for a year or so, great shotgun BUT as mentioned it only holds 6 and is open choked.  I talked to factory reps about modifying  mag capacity and they said if they could sell 2500 or more they would consider it.  They really didn't sound all that interested.  I've switched to a super x 2 practical and am very happy. Anyone need a Beretta?