Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 ICORE Midwest Regional -- back to the Midwest!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Especially with all Revo Shooters it would be pretty simple, could split it up say A or B and above and B/C-D to make it a bit easier. If done you could use the Overall Results as the qualifier and seeding.

Either way, or even without, sounds like a blast. Putting it on my calender.

If done you could use the Overall Results as the qualifier and seeding.

This would probably be workable. Many of the participants will not have a class ranking. Once the main match is scored, it would be pretty easy to divide everybody up into groups based on Satuday's match performance.

If done you could use the Overall Results as the qualifier and seeding.

This would probably be workable. Many of the participants will not have a class ranking. Once the main match is scored, it would be pretty easy to divide everybody up into groups based on Satuday's match performance.

Look to the Lewis Scoring System used by most Sporting Clays club/events.

• 2 months later...

OK, here's the deal for Sunday, July 6: We are going to use the same basic stages from the ICORE match and shoot an 8-stage USPSA match on Sunday morning. This will be open to all divisions. Entry to this match is included in the $60 ICORE match entry fee (and for the locals who build and work the ICORE match). All others will pay $20 ($15 for Ankeny Ikes members) to shoot.

This will give our non-wheelgunning friends an opportunity to participate on Sunday with us, while we have good stages on the bays.

We may have other revolver side events as well, time permitting, so bring plenty of ammo.

Update on prizes and awards for the 2014 Midwest Regional ICORE Championship:

Overall winners of each division (Open, Limited, Classic) will each win a plaque and a $100 cash prize.

Second place finishers in each division will each win a plaque and a $50 cash prize. Additional cash prizes will be awarded to the winners of categories (junior, lady, senior, super senior) that have three or more participants shooting the match. These plaques and cash prizes are sponsored by the national ICORE organization and its members.

**SPECIAL NOTE** YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF ICORE TO CLAIM A PLAQUE AND CASH PRIZE! If you are not a current member of ICORE, please join or renew now to ensure your eligibility to win a plaque and cash prize at the Midwest Regional: http://icore.org/ICOREMembership.html

Through the generous donations of several of our industry friends, we will also have a number of very nice merchandise prizes to give away at the match. Merchandise prizes will be distributed via random drawing--all match participants (except the match director) are eligible to win these prizes.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to a number of folks at the USPSA Revolver Nationals who are planning to attend our matches in Iowa on July 5-6. Guys, this is going to be a fun event!

For a single $60 entry fee, you can shoot 10 stages of ICORE on Saturday, grill out and enjoy an adult beverage and/or cigar with us at the range on Saturday night after the awards/prizes (we may even light off a few fireworks to celebrate), then shoot an 8-stage USPSA match (any division allowed) on Sunday! We'll finish up early enough on Sunday to get you on the road in decent time.

Email me with any questions: carmoney4@aol.com

Also note this range is north of Des Moines and is NOT the Osceola Range.

It is a well laid out traditional range. Of course they don't have the "Trail Run" Stages available as Osceola does, but the trade off is worth it.

Get your entries in so the Match Organizers can plan how many bottle rockets to buy and aim at us!

• 4 weeks later...

The minimum round count for this 10-stage match is 223. Rough stage diagrams are attached.

Please excuse the hand-drawn diagrams, but I wanted to get these out ASAP. By match time, we will have final written stage briefings on the bays.

Drop me a line at carmoney4@aol.com for any additional information you may need.

Midwest ICORE rough stage diagrams.pdf

On Saturday I'll be shooting my 8 shot because I shoot it a bit better. For the Sunday USPSA match I'm planning to use my 625, anyone out there want to compete for bragging rights as high 6 shooter on Sunday?

Attached here are the stage diagrams. Big thanks to Dave Williams for helping with these!

We will start shooting on Saturday at 9:30 am, following a very brief shooters meeting. Bring your own lunch, snacks, and beverages to sustain you during the match. Bring extra ammo in case we decide to do a side event on Saturday afternoon, time permitting.

After the match and awards on Saturday, I will be sponsoring free barbecue and beer at the range for all competitors and staff.

The USPSA match on Sunday is open to everyone, but is free for those who entered or worked the ICORE match.

It's not too late to sign up: http://www.ankenyikes.org/threads/2014-07-05-06-icore-midwest-regional-revolver-championship.176/

ICORE combined.pdf

Looks good Mike. You do know that the drawings you submitted earlier would only be official If the napkins had the Bar's name on them. Many a good stage have been drawn up at various watering holes. I signed up and will see you there. rdd

Yeah Bubber, I kinda liked the down-home flavor of those hand-drawn stage diagrams also! But since Dave was nice enough to offer......plus I think it will make Vic happy, and that's important to me.