Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady 223 brass question

1911 S.I.S.sy

Curious about the quality of once fired Hornady crimped in primer 223 brass compared to LC NATO brass?

Anybody had any experience with it. I believe the stuff I'm looking at was the 55gr. FMJ brass cases training ammo load. It is head stamped as Hornady.

Just about all .223 brass is the same quality until you get into the lapua or Norma brass. I should think its good stuff. If you reload it with good dies and have small runout then the necks are consistent. If it weighs close to the same case to case then the weight is consistent and that's good too. If you can reload it multiple tones and the primers stay in then its hard, unlike federal, and good for reloading.

What popo said! But it kind of depends on your use for it. If its just blasting at 100yds with FMJs - any will do. If you are looking for < MOA at range, use better brass, better bullets and sort cases by manufacturer. I use a lot of LC for distance - known good. For short range drills on steel - what ever brass gets picked up at the range, and its shot till the primer pockets are loose.