Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some changes to Bianchi this year...

PPGMD

I was talking with Tom the other day while doing my squadding. And I heard about a couple of changes, I am sure to some this may be old news, but it was the first time I heard it.

1. They've added another mover on the upper range.

2. The Production Super Squad will be shooting the plates on Friday afternoon.

Are they getting rid of all the floating white fuzz balls on the upper mover? I was almost impossible to shoot the mover last year because of all that floating crap.

Chris

Depends do you have your own flame thrower?

I don't remember any white fuzz ball floating in the air when I shot the mover Wednesday afternoon. But I checked my video and it seems that the ground was pock marked with white stuff. I am surprised that my allergies didn't act up last year.

Are they getting rid of all the floating white fuzz balls on the upper mover? I was almost impossible to shoot the mover last year because of all that floating crap.

Chris

Depends do you have your own flame thrower?

I don't remember any white fuzz ball floating in the air when I shot the mover Wednesday afternoon. But I checked my video and it seems that the ground was pock marked with white stuff. I am surprised that my allergies didn't act up last year.

Yeah, I'm surprised my allergies weren't raging as well.

When I shot the mover the stuff was floating all over the place. Not just a flurry but a blizzard of the stuff. If I were a better shooter I would have been more disturbed. Then again, if I were a better shooter I would likely have been on the lower mover. :)

Chris

Edited by Resjudicata

How is it determined which mover you shoot on ?

Tom

You will receive a schedule from the NRA with your squading.

If you register early enough (typically before the end of January) Tom will call you to see when you want to shoot the event.

I like the upper mover, it seemed smoother, and the surroundings make it seem shorter. It's quieter with less people around.

They're redoing all the movers with rails, so I'm sure it will be completely different.

I haven't quite figured out what time of day is best for me. I don't like shooting into the sun, or with the sun directly behind me, so I usually pick late morning so the sun is up a little, but not setting like late afternoon.

I would like to see them reinstate the High Revolver award. There are still several people shooting revo and it seems to me like it's more of an accomplishment to do well with a revo than with an auto.

I agree.

Even though I shoot an Auto, those silly enough to shoot a revolver should be rewarded for their courage and fortitude. :devil:

If you are one of the following: Top 20 overall; top 4 in Ladies, Junior, Senior; have a grading of Hi Master in Open, Master in Metallic, and are using your primary gun in the aforementioned requirements, you are likely to get the lower mover regardless.

Usually lovely and warm, little wind, white gravel and plenty of room for photographers etc to watch your fine performance! Always fun to shoot down there.

I would like to see them reinstate the High Revolver award. There are still several people shooting revo and it seems to me like it's more of an accomplishment to do well with a revo than with an auto.

I agree.

I agree as well. Anyone who can shoot a 1900+ score with a revolver is a salty individual.

Chris

+1, I talked to Tom at last years cup and he said he would try to bring it back.

I have always believed that shooting either a revolver or an auto is pretty much even across three of the four matches. Mover being the odd one out.

Barricade is clearly a revolver event, no nasty loose parts flying back and forwards to unsettle the gun.

Practical and Plates have the same advantage and disadvantages to me. Up front the auto is in front. At the back the revolver takes over. Once you are prone I believe the revolver is again a more stable platform.

But to nail the mover with a revolver takes some real skill, which i admit I did not have. I have only ever once seen someone shoot a 1920 here with a revolver. He is now on an auto and shooting better than he ever did. A combination of experience and using what he learned with the wheel gun and transferring the good parts to the auto.