Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Privi bullets for .223?

Nickoli

Has anyone used Privi bullets? I found what I think is a decent deal on 75gr HPBT that I was thinking about buying and trying out for my "match" loads for 3gun. I have some 77s SMKs I've been tooling around with but I have not been able to get them to move at the velocities I would like with the powder I have on hand.

Just looking for input from other shooters if they have tried them before

Tried some of their 69s and 75s, but couldnt really get them to outshoot my Hornady 55 blaster ammo, so didnt see the point. Granted, I didnt do a lot of testing since I use SMKs for matches and was just looking for something cheaper for practice.

I have used Privi 75's for my long range load for the past 5+ years. The 69's didn't shoot as well as the 75's in all of the uppers that I've tried both of them in.

Definitely not as good as SMK's and not quite as good as Nosler CC's or Hornady 75's.

With the same powder charge, I find the POI at 300+ is different between the Hornady 75's and the Privi 75's. If I know my DOPE, with the rifle rested I can go 10 for 10 on the 320 yard target at my club using Hornady's. But on the same target I can also go 10 for 10 too with the Privi's.

Given that the Privi 75's worked well enough I personally don't see the need to spend the extra money for the premium/better bullets.

I'd suggest you shoot them on real world targets at distance.

But if money is not an issue, or you are a top 10-15 shooter like Gose, don't even bother with the Privis.

Thanks for the info guys, ill just try and get some 69 SMKs to load up.

Powder Valley... 69 grain SMK HPBT, $98.09/500.

Pat

They have blems from time to time that are usually just cosmetic. Might be worth keeping an eye on