Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy ya'll,

My job has me spending the next 3 months working in sunny Clearwater, FL and I'm bringing my toys with me. Any suggestions on where I can shoot USPSA, steel, or other interesting matches near there? Will bring my STI Limited gun for sure but might bring my complete 3 gun rig if there are any matches coming up.

Will check out both of those. I'll have my weekends open and plenty of ammo so hopefully there will be some matches to join in.

As for the scientogists, as long as they don't lynch United Methodists, I think I will be OK.

The two ranges suggested above are great options.

Two other options for you:

1. Ancient City Shooting Range / Ancient City Practical Shooting Association (St. Augustine, FL)
  2. Hansen Range / Ft. Myers Practical Shooting Association (Punta Gorda, FL)

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

WAC is a good facility (although it is all in covered bays... use a green FO front sight) and they shoot a variety of matches. Check their website for details. Universal Shhoting Academy in Frostproof hosts some matches and is about a 2 hour drive from Clearwater. That all outdoors.

Another option is Central Florida Rifle & Pisol Club... just south of Orlando (CFRPC.com) and they shoot IDPA, ICORE, and others.

That's not a bad (under two hours) drive from Clearwater.

I've shot at all of them, an they're good to go.

Hernando Sportsmans Club is straight north about 50 miles up Route 19 from Clearwater. 8 miles past Weeki-Watchi where you could drop off family members if needed and pick them up on the way back.

3-gun, Action rifle, USPSA, IDPA. Even Cowboy.

Great info guys. Thanks for all the feedback. Can't wait to check a few of these places and enjoy shooting in some warmer weather for a change. My last few matches in Georgia have been pretty cold and soggy.