Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prochrono Digital USB Software

Unless someone here talks me out of it I'm planning to buy a Prochrono next month. I'm trying to decide if buying the USB Software would be a worthwhile investment as well. My primary use for the chrono is load development to make sure I make major for USPSA. I can see where having the large read out near where I'm shooting from would be very handy. I've seen the thread for the DIY cable but that's beyond my capabilities.

As far as purchasing the chrono do any of the forum vendors sell them? I'd like to support them if I can instead of Amazon. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I find it easy to see the readout on my buddy's Prochrono as I am checking velocity of rounds and I need reading glasses! While a remote readout might be nice I don't have a problem with just writing down results with a pencil. Cheaper too...

Sounds like you just want to do the same thing as I do, ensure you are making power factor/velocity.

Be nice to have my own....

Just find the Pro Chrono Digital wherever you can find it cheapest. I agree, at 10-12 feet the display is very easy to see. Where I use my Pro Chrono I can go downrange to it to get the data from it. If you shoot somewhere that does not allow you to go downrange then you will need some type of remote capabilities.

Just get the unit and try it out before buying anything else. You will be quite happy with it as is.

Aside from the fact that the data is easily read at the 15' range and further if needed, one of the qualities I like best on the ProChrono digital is the data is saved. I can turn the unit off, take it home and review the data in my reloading room at my convenience. I agree that I would first use it and see if you still feel the need for the USB software and hardware.