Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Thanks for the offers. I'm using Flightcontrol in my Saiga and I have plenty to bring just don't want to have to carry more than necessary. RW is bringing plenty of shot and slugs for me only question was buck. I'll just bring 50 or 60 and borrow some if I need extra. I learned a long time ago to only shoot proven loads in the Saiga which is why mine always runs.

Doug

Did you notice that you typed "Saiga" and "always runs" in the same sentence? :roflol:

I guess you haven't seen me shoot before.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit using the Saiga has been a journey, I started with one of R&Rs original prototype guns that was shown at the 2009 Shot Show and now shoot a newer one. When I got my first one I had to have Scotty (Busyhawk) show me how to take it apart. Springs, puck, port settings, temperature sensitivity, magazines and ammo have been tweaked, massaged and assessed. At this point my competition Saiga is as reliable as any shotgun I have seen in competition. My back up Saiga has been used several times by non Saiga shooters to complete matches because their (insert brand here) crapped out. It's never a good idea to get cocky, just ask the Mayor, but as long as I take care of my Saiga it takes care of me. Now if I could just eliminate the mental errors I might finish near the top.

Doug

Thanks for the offers. I'm using Flightcontrol in my Saiga and I have plenty to bring just don't want to have to carry more than necessary. RW is bringing plenty of shot and slugs for me only question was buck. I'll just bring 50 or 60 and borrow some if I need extra. I learned a long time ago to only shoot proven loads in the Saiga which is why mine always runs.

Doug

Did you notice that you typed "Saiga" and "always runs" in the same sentence? :roflol:

I've seen a couple R&R's that ran well......just having a little fun bustin ur balls.

Gamaliel Shooting Supply is just down the road too. Grayson and Gibson for Gamaliel have been shooting our local 3 gun matches at the Rock. Anyone needing ammo may want to give them a call and see if they plan on coming to this match.

Thanks Bryan. We've had a lot of people call and ask if we're coming, so we're going to make plans to be there.

We will have ammo on the truck available to sell (Rio, Nobel Sport, Winchester AA, Remington STS and maybe some Federal Gold Medal). We will also have slugs, buckshot, shotgun accessories, cleaning supplies, etc. You can browse our website (www.gamaliel.com) to see what loads are in stock for each brand. Keep in mind that Winchester just launched their AA rebate again, so all AA ammo qualifies for a $20/case mail-in rebate (limit $100 rebate per household).

If anyone wants to preorder any ammo before the shoot, call us at 800-356-6230 or email me directly at: grayson.pare@Gamaliel.com.

Thanks,

Grayson

Gamaliel Shooting Supply

Update: We are also going to have a lot of primers available. Visit our vendor tent area for more information: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=195713

Edited by graysonp

Doug

I've seen a couple R&R's that ran well......just having a little fun bustin ur balls.

No problem, if I was sensitive I wouldn't post here.

Is this a limited capacity gun match?

Bruce

No- but for us it is a limited ability match. :blush:

6.2 Standard Division

• 6.1.1 Capacity restrictions: a maximum of 9 rounds can be in the gun at the start of a stage. After the start signal there are no capacity restrictions.

The man with all the answers! Loving this since I just got my new VMAX from Crucible Armament and it has the new couplers from Nordic Components!!!

The match is almost here! The stages are going to be a blast!

Are all the stages in the vicinity of the Lodge and Sporting Clay course? (ie: non are over in Thunder Valley). I am trying to decide whether to bring my (Kawasaki) mule or not.

Are all the stages in the vicinity of the Lodge and Sporting Clay course? (ie: non are over in Thunder Valley). I am trying to decide whether to bring my (Kawasaki) mule or not.

There will be stages in Doe Valley, Pistol Bays, Bathhouse, Cowboy Town and Thunder Valley.

Round Count:

Type Birdshot Slug Buckshot

Stage 1 15 3 2

Stage 2 25 0 0

Stage 3 18 0 0

Stage 4 15 0 0

Stage 5 9 0 0

Stage 6 6 12 0

Stage 7 14 0 0

Stage 8 9 0 0

Stage 9 28 3 0

Stage 10 22 0 0

Stage 11 10 0 0

Stage 12 24 2 0

Stage 13 6 0 8

Stage 14 32 0 0

Stage 15 12 0 0

Stage 16 15 0 0

Stage 17 10 0 0

Stage 18 18 4

Total 288 24 10

where did you find this round count?

The guys above (who is in the know) posted it, I formatted it because I like everything in straight lines (I hear there is help for that :roflol: )

ok, Mr. neato I guess the round count is believable. When will the stage diagrams be available? Just a few days until the match starts at Rockcastle.

The stage descriptions will be posted this evening to http://www.rockcastleshotgunchampionship.com/home.html

That's cool... I don't think we've had diagrams beforehand in the previous matches, have we! Gotta love progress. :cheers:

Steve-I am on the fence about bringing the Gator. It sure is handy but it's a long, wide open run to Thunder Valley.

ok, Mr. neato I guess the round count is believable. When will the stage diagrams be available? Just a few days until the match starts at Rockcastle.

The stage descriptions will be posted this evening to http://www.rockcastleshotgunchampionship.com/home.html

The match book is posted with written stage descriptions.

Couple of circus stages (swinging bridge, standing on rocks , standing on bucket).

Tons of procedurals-do this or incur penalty.

Last year was fun-I hope this year is more fun than it reads