Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Benelli/ Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 stages is a lot of shotgunning! With that many stages, one would almost expect some monotony. But there was none! There was a lot of variation, long and short courses alike. Great job by the match staff! Thank you to Joe for putting it on, Luke for running scores, all the ROs for their hard work, Rockcastle staff for their hospitality, and squad 3 for making me bust my ass just to try to have the opportunity to reset 2 or 3 targets each shooter.

I'm not going to call him out, but our squad had a shooter DQ at the beginning of day 2. He stayed with the squad, reset targets, helped ROs, and kept a smile on his face the rest of the day. Thanks for being there with us, buddy!

Bryan nailed it! That person that Bryan mentioned really showed what true sportsmanship is! He wasn't the only one that showed it. I also saw a guy have the ROs add a 30 second penalty to his score because the RO forgot to write it down!

My good buddy Jay Carillo was good enough to take some video of me and loan me some slugs for my mulligan on stage 18. We were on squad 1, and apparently I shoot better at the END of the day, getting stage wins on stages 9 and 18. I'm afraid some of the other stages may not have been as pretty of they are on camera!

what did you hit that spinner with?

Federal Pheasants Forever 7.5's kinda pricey, but you only have to shoot a pheasant once with them! :devil:

Were those 1-1/8 oz loads?

believe so.....may have been 1-1/4oz Before I shot the stage, I made sure to show the RO the shells and box. After the stage, the RO took a picture of the box. haha

what did you hit that spinner with?

Federal Pheasants Forever 7.5's kinda pricey, but you only have to shoot a pheasant once with them! :devil:

Were those 1-1/8 oz loads?

believe so.....may have been 1-1/4oz Before I shot the stage, I made sure to show the RO the shells and box. After the stage, the RO took a picture of the box. haha

If they were 1-1/4, I wish I known that would be allowed...match briefing clearly stated 7.5, 1-1/8oz loads only

just checked online, that ammo doesn't seem to be offered in a 1-1/8 oz load, only 1-1/4

Edited by Onagoth

never remember hearing an ounce limit....just shot size. I even made sure to ask if there was a FPS limitation since mine were 1500fps. I made sure to double check with the RO before shooting the stage, and on both spinner stages there were several Remington and Federal live rounds that were 1-1/4 oz 7.5's laying around.

Standard manual results will not open.

The irony is, I couldn't get my standard manual gun to close reliably the whole match. :angry2:

I think that may be the last hurrah for me and the pumpgun. Two days later my arms are still sore. It's so much fun though.....

Hope everyone has fun. The ROs tried to take all the ticks home with them on Weds and Thursday. Hope nobody had any real trouble out of them. Looking forward to next year already.

James

RO, 2014 Rockcastle Shotgun Championship Stages 4 (Tri-Color) and 10 (Pop 'n Knock).

Thank you. I would absolutely HATE if I thought I did well by inadvertently gaining an advantage due to not paying close enough attention.

On the cart stage, I DID get two procedurals for not paying close enough attention to which birdshot targets had to be shot from the cart.....so I thought it was a definite possibility.

All said and done.......I was excited to have fun at this match, but being a shotgun only match, I had moderate expectations. I loved it! The RO's were awesome, fun, and encouraging to be around. Wyatt (young Powers), I owe you a beer when you get older! Joe Harris, count me in for next year!

Honestly...after all the heat, I wouldn't be surprised if I am mis-remembering.

I know at another match I shot in Michigan they specifically said 7.5, 1-1/8 oz loads, so maybe I was projecting that onto this match.

Cheers,

I wanted to put out a great big thank you to Joe Harris for all his effort and hard work to make this a great match. The stages were fun and challenging. I was impressed with the leveling of the stages so that there was very little bottlenecking on the longer field courses. This was my first time to help RO this match and I can say without hesitation, I would be honored to work with Joe again wherever he is Match Director again. Big thanks to Luke for doing the scores and his work with the sponsors. The ROs were all top notch. Thanks to everyone, shooters included, for making it go so well.

Hope to see y'all at the next one,

Paul : -)#

Joe always puts on a good match and this one did not disappoint.

Thank you to all the RO's for your hard work, y'all were top notch, consistent and every one of you had a smile on your face....even OB :roflol:

Just to reiterate what Joe said at the briefing, please take a few minutes and drop a thank you to all the sponsors that filled the table!

Lastly, thank you to everyone in Squad 2, you guys and gals were great and I hope to shoot with you all again in the future!

Sorry about that y'all! Minor bug in Practiscore but working fine now!

https://www.practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=3F375F2E-7A06-495F-B371-32EDDAE5C51C

Also, if you enjoyed the match feel free to give our Facebook page a like! Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/shotgunchampionship?ref=bookmarks

Edited by Gentleman4561

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...