Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What happened to Brians Digital Scales?

JayDub

I've had Brians "High​-Perf​orman​c​​e Digi​tal Powd​er Scal​e" on my Amazon list since before Christmas last year, my wife informed me she couldn't find it, so thought I'd show her where to order it from... Logged in to the website, went to the store and lo and behold it's not there, no digital scales offered anymore. The heck???

Anyone know what's up with that? I wanted that $135 lifetime warranty model.

There was a thread a while back where BE was asking people if they would buy the scale if you couldn't turn off the "auto-off" function. In other words, it would go off after a set time and you couldn't stop it.

Apparently the new production of the scale was set up like that. I guess no one wanted it so he closed out what he had left. That's my guess any way. Sorry you couldn't get the scale.

Dave

OK DRock, thanks for the post and link. I had tried to search "High-Performance Digital Powder Scale" but got no hits... I guess my Google-Fu was weak!

I have to admit I'd probably be frustrated with a scale that shut itself off after a while also. So, it looks like it's back to the drawing board for a digital scale. Anybody have recommendations for something awesome in the same price range???

I've had Brians "High​-Perf​orman​c​​e Digi​tal Powd​er Scal​e" on my Amazon list since before Christmas last year, my wife informed me she couldn't find it, so thought I'd show her where to order it from... Logged in to the website, went to the store and lo and behold it's not there, no digital scales offered anymore. The heck???

Call Brian and inquire?

Pat

Glad the link clarified things, JD.

I can sympathize with you. I do like a balance beam scale but still want a digital and the field is so wide with so many pros and coons, it's tough to choose.

I guess at some point I'll just pick one in my price range and go with it.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using an RCBS digital scale for several years. After a couple discussions and reading several threads, I've recently got a GemPRO 250. I really like it - resolution to .01 grains, it seems to stabilize more quickly, and I haven't witnessed any drift in tare. $122 delivered, I believe.

I've been using an RCBS digital scale for several years. After a couple discussions and reading several threads, I've recently got a GemPRO 250. I really like it - resolution to .01 grains, it seems to stabilize more quickly, and I haven't witnessed any drift in tare. $122 delivered, I believe.

I've used the My Weigh scales for other applications and they've always been great. They have a pretty good guarantee as I recall.

I'll have to check it out.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

For both of the scales I used to sell - they switched manufacturing companies. After that, both lost several important features that they previously had. So I stopped selling both of them.

But just yesterday, I put a new scale in my store:

http://www.brianenos.com/store/be.scale_pd.html

• 2 months later...

I've had excellent results with the stupidly-named Dillon D-Terminator. I took a vintage set of Ohaus check weights to a client who has NIST calibration on their lab gear and verified my weights ( 0.1 grain to 50 grain), then took them home and put them on the Dillon. Dead. Solid. Perfect.

I do like the advertised features on the new scale Brian is selling, especially the hinged lid as well as the lifetime warranty (the Dillon is 12 months).

I hope the GemPro 250 is what it is cracked up to be. I have one on the way based off the information here and some reviews I read elsewhere online.

I like mine. A little slow to read changes when trickling rifle powder, but its more than double the cost to get another scale that's faster.

I hope the GemPro 250 is what it is cracked up to be. I have one on the way based off the information here and some reviews I read elsewhere online.

I have sold a LOT of those scales, and have not had the first problem with one of them.

Dangit, you guys need to knock this stuff off. I'm old. I'm stubborn. I've used several different lab grade scales in an actual lab and am very skeptical of mass produced digitals. And I like my beam scale!

But Brian being a retailer and several others saying they are GTG, and great feedback on other sites too is making me think I need one. I'm old y'all and you aren't helping! :roflol: