Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frontier 124gr CMJ

Pinka

Hey guys, think this may be my second post, been lurking for a while and thought I would ask for some help as I think I'm about ready to start reloading.

I picked up some Frontier 124 gr CMJ bullets last month and finding load data is troubling :) Should I just use FMJ data? cant find CMJ specifically listed in my load manuals (Lee 2nd Edition, Speer #14)

I have a lb of WST and a lb of HP-38, does anyone have and good minor loads with these combinations. Should be picking up some 147 gr Berry's this week, little better info out there for those.

Thanks

yes,you can use the same data.

CMJ = complete metal jacket. base not exposed

FMJ full metal jacket. base exposed.

smokier,FMJ's are however jacketed VS sometimes plated for CMJ's. since you are shooting minor, plated or jacketed doesn't really matter ,whatever comes cheaper should be fine.

however,you'll need to fine tune your load to get the best out of it. work that out from Mid point in the min-max Spectrum by .2 incréments.you'll eventually find something accurate along the way up.

From Frontiers web site.

CMJ Bullets

Frontier Metal Processing manufacture CMJ (Complete Metal Jacket) Restrike bullets since 1996, and has over the years perfected the process to a product that is used by top shooters around the world.

In 2011, Frontier has introduced its first restrike bullets. Instead of sizing the product after the manufacturing process, the complete bullet is now reshaped for perfect size consistency.

CMJ bullets are manufactured from a hardened lead core, and then treated to allow for core-bonding before it is covered with copper through a process of electroplating. The complete bullet is covered with copper and the shooter is free from any contact with lead.

CMJ handgun bullets for reloading are treated in the same way as FMJ bullets. With a few basic precautions such as avoiding over-crimping, the bullets can be shot at normal and high velocities without problem and with excellent accuracy.