Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No access to Federal primers. What modifications to a 625?

nkrustev

• 4 months later...

A little update. I read books, watched videos and altogether educated myself on the subject. The gun suffered many of my semi-educated attempts to make it better.

I chopped the hammer, big butt grip, polished the internals, installed Apex pin, lighter rebound spring, Wilson combat main spring (a little shim under the strain screw), new sights, chamferred holes etc.

Trigger weight is now a little less than 8 pounds, very smooth. Still using CCI primers with maybe 1 failure it 200.

Took part in a few competitons around the Balkans with some success. Enjoying the game altogether.

A request to anyone that might want to help a brother out. I would like to buy an extractor (out of stock on the sites that would send overseas). Recently noticed some pretty bad signs of wear on mine and would like have a spare one ready.

If you have one and would like to help out, please write me a message.

As the ratchet on your revolver wears the first solution is generally to replace the hand with one that is just a bit thicker.

Hands run .092 inch to .098 inch. All the oversized hands I've bought recently measured .098. If you're concerned about wear i would scare up a hand that's just a bit thicker than the one in your gun as a spare.

Edited by PatJones