Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

Confirmed for AM match! :bow:

Ian,

I shoot AM also would enjoy squadding with you.

Dave Merryman

Edit to add-Thanks Linda, smooth and easy sign up again. I did have to stay up until about 2135 though....lost some sleep

Edited by Airedale

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to change the subject but as I fill out the registration form I see a selection for Golf Cart- Is it a luxury or a psuedo-necessity?

Also I read the rules about long arms being cased or slung between stages- Does that mean that 3 gun buggies are not allowed?

Thanks in advance!!

Not to change the subject but as I fill out the registration form I see a selection for Golf Cart- Is it a luxury or a psuedo-necessity?

Also I read the rules about long arms being cased or slung between stages- Does that mean that 3 gun buggies are not allowed?

Thanks in advance!!

Carts are not necessary. You pretty much drive to every stage, except for the pistol bays.

Thanks in advance!!

Carts are not necessary. You pretty much drive to every stage, except for the pistol bays.

Having never been to Rockcastle before, does this mean that my ghetto, former daughter's converted stroller, now 3 gun cart, is impractical for this?

Thanks in advance!!

Having never been to Rockcastle before, does this mean that my ghetto, former daughter's converted stroller, now 3 gun cart, is impractical for this?

I would say so. Put your stuff in your car and drive from stage to stage. Only thing you could use your cart for is going the hundred feet from your car to the staging racks/tables. More trouble than it is worth.

Yes I would car pool between stages. A couple of the stages, like in the pistol bays are right next to each other. But you will likely have a break between them and will end up at the vendors or getting food between anyway.

Some of the stages in the valley are probably a mile (i am bad at judging distances) down the road.

Edit:

http://www.rock3gun.com/files/2013-match-book-am.pdf

There should be a map from last year in the match book. The place is HUGE.

Edited by darkvibe

On the waiting list at #144, my chances seem to be slim to none according the email Linda sent. I will stay on the list since I'm only a couple hours away and I'm off work anyway...

I was around there last year and got in about 6 weeks before the match. It is possible that you'll get in, don't give up hope!

Confirmed for AM match! :bow:

Ian,

I shoot AM also would enjoy squadding with you.

Dave Merryman

Edit to add-Thanks Linda, smooth and easy sign up again. I did have to stay up until about 2135 though....lost some sleep

Excellent idea Dave, I would like that very much. I'll put your name on my application form for squadding request.