Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

I shoot limited with a pris. Are the long targets big enough that I would not be at a disadvantage? I didn't see a limited division.

Thanks

I missed last year but in years past all the long stuff was 10" MGM flashers. Very doable with a 1X optic.

I'm thinking I might shoot Amatuer this year since it's only two days instead of three. Leaves Sunday wide open for a recovery day.

Recovery?

How much you plan on drinking?

How much they got?

Jesse, you need to save your energy for our new yearly tradition of Sunday night on Music Row.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot limited with a pris. Are the long targets big enough that I would not be at a disadvantage? I didn't see a limited division.

Thanks

This match has historically only been TO & Open only

My wife is a limited shooter and shot the AM match 2 years ago with true irons & finished in the top 25 in TO and shot the Pro match last year with a 1 MOA EoTech and I'd say she held her own in TO shooting limited gear for the company she was in. I'd say you would be fine if you normally shoot Limited with a Pris.

I wish they consider a 2 day format for pro. We finished at 3 on Saturday and had to come in at 8 on Sunday to shoot one stage.

Try being an RO where you have to shoot all the stages in one day. Not complaining...just sayin'

I wish they consider a 2 day format for pro. We finished at 3 on Saturday and had to come in at 8 on Sunday to shoot one stage.

Try being an RO where you have to shoot all the stages in one day. Not complaining...just sayin'

I am usually so hung over on Sunday that last stage might have well be for "fun" anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I have to ask... what the hell does everybody do for 3-4 days straight if they only shoot like 2 stages per day???

Well at this match and many others we shoot for an hour sit for an hour. It's a huge waste of time to be honest. Most matches do this with the exception of FNH and the new Gen III Gun matches which use a half day shooting format. Shoot am one day PM the next.

Sorry but I have to ask... what the hell does everybody do for 3-4 days straight if they only shoot like 2 stages per day???

Well at this match and many others we shoot for an hour sit for an hour. It's a huge waste of time to be honest. Most matches do this with the exception of FNH and the new Gen III Gun matches which use a half day shooting format. Shoot am one day PM the next.

I shot half day format at the Noveske 3-gun in Colorado last April and loved it. You had half the day off to leave the range and do whatever, and half the day on the range doing work. I'd love to see how it works at a bigger match with bigger attendance rates, but unfortunately cannot make FNH this year.

This match is still awesome and hoping to get in again.