Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

What time will registration begin? One min after midnight? or a specific time during the day?

There will be specific time. In the past it has been at reasonable time in the evening, I would expect the same again this year. Watch here on the Brian Enos forum or the Rockastle FB page for more details coming soon.

If this year's number of entries is any thing like the past 3 years you can expect the match to fill up in a matter of seconds (yes, seconds) so be ready when the sign up time happens.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we think about all year long is how to make the match better, and if only half of what we are working on turns out, you all are going to have a great time! Keep the posts coming, and the questions.

The one thing I'd recommend to make it better is a different means of registration. Personally I would rather do a random draw than have to fight it out in the clicking wars.

I'll be there all week. If you need someone to do a pro clinic give me a shout.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

All we think about all year long is how to make the match better, and if only half of what we are working on turns out, you all are going to have a great time! Keep the posts coming, and the questions.

The one thing I'd recommend to make it better is a different means of registration. Personally I would rather do a random draw than have to fight it out in the clicking wars.

Jesse Tischauser in Kentucky for an entire week? I'll notify the local law enforcement....

:)

Jesse Tischauser in Kentucky for an entire week? I'll notify the local law enforcement....

:)

And I'm bring Tarabull. Aka Tara New One Edited by Jesse Tischauser

First off I would like to thank the Nobles, Linda, Gary, the RO's and the entire Rockcastle staff for putting on a phenomenal match for the last two years that I have been able to attend. It has been better every year and I look forward to shooting this match. I have a question about the prize table. I am an amateur open shooter and two years ago the prize table was totally random after the 1st place shooters in each of the divisions picked out their prize. Last year however for some reason the open shooters went to a seperate prize table and it was based on their finish. The limited shooters had a huge array of tables to pick from and it was a total random draw. Are they plainning on running the prize table this way for this years shoot also? And if they are what is the reasoning behind this as all of the limited shooters have a total random draw for their prizes? Just looking for answers so I know what division to sign up for.

ucoamultigun,

I placed 2nd in Am Open at the Pro-Am in 2013. There was a prize table for Open and a separate table for Tac. The fellow who won Am Open got first choice from the Am Open prize table, after that it was a random draw. I placed 2nd and my name was drawn in the middle of the pack. I am not complaining, just the luck of the draw. That is how I remember the situation, with all due respect.

TwoShot

You are correct sir about the prize table for 2013. At the 2012 match there were no seperate tables for the 2 divisions, and it was a random draw for everyone after 1st place in each division picked their prizes.. I was curious as to why they changed how they did the prize tables?

I thought in 2012 the first place guys got AR15.com lamps and then it was random draw for everyone. At the 2013 Pro Am I noticed that the first place guys got first choice from their division tables and went a second time during the random draw. :closedeyes:

The 2014 Brownells – Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship will be August 22nd through August 24th. It is a 3 day match for Pro shooters and a two day match for Amateurs. Signing up for the match is a 2 step process. First, you sign in to obtain a registration code. The sign in process (to get a registration code for the application) will be Monday, February 17th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time (8:30 PM Central, 7:30 PM Mountain & 6:30 PM Pacific). Then, you add that code to the top of a completed application and send it to Rockcastle with your entry fee.

The TEST Sign in

Before the REAL Sign in on February 17th, feel free to fill out the information (http://www.LChico5u.com/ar15-2.html) and click the submit button. The screen that appears when you successfully submit your information on the test screen will say:

Added test entry for John Doe from 98.25.227.231 with verification number 139147538402.92 -- Thank you for participating in a test of the system. After 9:30 Eastern Time on February 17, 2014 you will get a message that you have successfully signed in for a Registration Code.

Please note that the 2 numbers in this message are NOT the registration code. That will come in a separate email after the official sign in on February 17. I will clear any information at 6:30 pm Eastern Time on February 13th, so you can practice up until then, signing in.

The REAL Sign in

If you cannot personally be online at the designated time of February 17th, get someone else to complete the sign in for you. You can get shooting buddies to sign you in. You can have your child or spouse sign you in. There is no rule that you have to do it personally. If you plan to designate someone else to complete sign in, have them practice on the Test Sign In before the seventeenth of the month.

Only the first sign-in will count, there is no need to continue once you get the message that your entry was added.

Note that I will not accept any official sign-in on the on-line list before 9:30 PM Eastern Time on February 17, 2014. There is an official clock on the page. Don't hit the submit button on February 17th before 9:30:00 on the clock. This advance notice lets you look over the information early, get familiar with the process, so that you can you get a registration code on the 17th.

We will not accept applications without a code. Please note that filling in the screen is NOT a speed event. Errors in the email address or phone number may make it impossible to reach you. Please make sure contact information is correct. On February 17th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only need to click on the "submit" button once the time is correct. I will email you a code after you successfully submit the information to me after 9:30 PM February 17th.

First, get into the match. Then send me your squad requests (by email, by phone, or scribbled on the application, etc). We DO NOT need applications in the same envelope. Do Not wait until you have all your friends together. I will honor your squadding requests.

These are 2 separate matches held at the same time: Different number of days to shoot, different stages, and different prize tables. You are welcome to try and obtain a registration code for both matches, but you will have to decide on the application which match you prefer to shoot. There will be separate registration lists and separate waiting lists for the Pro & Am matches.

If you are match staff – the registration code is RO. Once the application is available, you can submit an application using that code. You DO need to submit an application if you plan to work and shoot.

If you are assuming you will be a sponsored shooter, check with your sponsor, to be sure they are already committed to sponsor the match. Several sponsors gave Rockcastle a commitment at the SHOT Show. In that case, you can skip the sign in process, and submit an application after it is available. Your registration code is the word “Sponsor” followed by the name of your Sponsor. Every year we get applications from shooters who claim sponsorship with companies that have not signed a contract with Rockcastle. In that case you STILL need to sign-in for a registration code. The details of how the sponsor covers your match fees will be negotiated between your sponsor and the folks at Rockcastle.

At this time, we are still finalizing the match website and the application. I do not know what the match fees will be, but I expect them to be close to the amounts from last year ($250 for Pro and $125 for Am). The application will be on the updated match website before February 17th. Please email if you have any questions.

Linda Chico (L-2035)
2014 Brownells-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

LChico@msn.com

Edited by LChico

So just to be clear; the form will be up and ready before 930 and all you have to do is hit submit at 930? You don't start filling out the form at 930 and hit submit when you your done? And will sign in be on http://www.rock3gun.com/registration.html or the test link you just posted? I just want to make sure I've got everything right.

Also how and when can you sign up for the events for the rest of the week?

Edited by DDustin

So just to be clear; the form will be up and ready before 930 and all you have to do is hit submit at 930? You don't start filling out the form at 930 and hit submit when you your done? And will sign in be on http://www.rock3gun.com/registration.html or the test link you just posted? I just want to make sure I've got everything right.

Also how and when can you sign up for the events for the rest of the week?

The form is up & ready for practice NOW. The registration link you posted above will simply re-direct you to http://www.LChico5u.com/ar15-2.html. The test (practice) will stop at 6:30 PM Eastern on Monday February 17. You can still get on the page, but if you fill in your information and select "submit" between 6:30 PM and 9:30 PM the message will tell you that you submitted too early. As I said above: On February 17th, get to the webpage a few minutes early, so that you can fill in the information correctly, and only need to click on the "submit" button once the time is correct.

The Rockcastle guys will need to let you know about any other events that week. I will have my hands full with this chore.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2014 Brownells-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

LChico@msn.com

The past Pro Am matches have been Open or Tactical only. Who knows about 2014, just hang tight, we’ll know more in the next few weeks. So far there have never been any “impossible” targets. You can use a dot or pris in Tactical but scopes are much more popular.

Rockcastle is unlike most other ranges. There are some fixed length bays but a lot more wide open country shooting areas which gives the stage designers much more flexibility to use their imagination. Stages generally have not been determined and drawn up until mid-summer.

Edited by GunCat

I shoot limited with a pris. Are the long targets big enough that I would not be at a disadvantage? I didn't see a limited division.

Thanks

I missed last year but in years past all the long stuff was 10" MGM flashers. Very doable with a 1X optic.

I'm thinking I might shoot Amatuer this year since it's only two days instead of three. Leaves Sunday wide open for a recovery day.

I shoot limited with a pris. Are the long targets big enough that I would not be at a disadvantage? I didn't see a limited division.

Thanks

I missed last year but in years past all the long stuff was 10" MGM flashers. Very doable with a 1X optic.

I'm thinking I might shoot Amatuer this year since it's only two days instead of three. Leaves Sunday wide open for a recovery day.

Recovery?

How much you plan on drinking?

Thanks

Recovery?

How much they got?

Thanks

Recovery?

How much they got?

This is Kentucky...more than you can handle.