Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Championship

Any RO who can spare me two box's of flight control buck ?? ( 10 rounds )

im happy to swap for cash or very good English beer, need them for the RO's shoot on the wednesday :cheers:

You gonna be around next weekend? I could leave some behind for you with someone if needed. I don't want any warm engrish beer tho.....a whiskey and coke would work. ;-)

Hey if you could leave it with Gary as I know hes setting up stages, plus tap him up for a couple of drinks on my tab!

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im happy to swap for cash or very good English beer, need them for the RO's shoot on the wednesday :cheers:

I plan to have some extra FC 00 Buck. I'll likely be interested in the English beer trade too. I'll be shooting Pro on Wed and likely squad with Mark R and Chris Weir. :cheers:

Edited by Ryan N

You gonna be around next weekend? I could leave some behind for you with someone if needed. I don't want any warm engrish beer tho.....a whiskey and coke would work. ;-)
Hey if you could leave it with Gary as I know hes setting up stages, plus tap him up for a couple of drinks on my tab!
If Gary is there this weekend, I'll leave a couple boxes with him.

Thanks guy's, will bring more beer !

Dillen will leave some shooting promo items for you if you have a friend shooting the pro/am ?

Ryan im the only English RO so will be easy to find :D

Guess ill have to stick the beer in the fridge to keep the locals happy :eatdrink: but it should be drunk warm :blink:

Edited by gunfighteruk

Thanks guy's, will bring more beer !

Dillen will leave some shooting promo items for you if you have a friend shooting the pro/am ?

Ryan im the only English RO so will be easy to find :D

Guess ill have to stick the beer in the fridge to keep the locals happy :eatdrink: but it should be drunk warm :blink:

Awesome. Looking forward to it. I'm guilty, I can appreciate warm beer in the winter, but not so much in the heat of the summer. ;) Edited by Ryan N

I had no problems what so ever knocking down heavy poppers with Federal FC 00 ammo with an IC choke this weekend at practice. The popper was set heavy enough that it took 3-4 9mm hits at 40 yards to put it down. The Remington ammo one of my friends had took a couple of hits because it spread pretty fast. The Federal FC ammo had 6 pellets on the big part of the popper.

I can only imagine all the Brits' cries when they read this post... Years ago I ordered a scotch whiskey with ice and coke over there and almost got slapped in the face by the waiter. He ended up bringing me the whiskey straight, a coke bottle and a small pitcher with 4 small ice cubes. He said if I wanted to commit sacrilege I would have to mix it myself. Ha ha ha ...

KC9...like Jesse said...the B&P kick like a baby...almost like cheating. I got turned on to them a few years ago and haven't looked back. I'll have extra if you get in a bind and can't find some. I'm shooting Wed and Thurs...look me up. I'll be wearing a Hear-Pro Team shirt.

Thanks for the offer... I'll be the one wearing a Chicago White Sox cap without a team jersey or sponsorship, haulin' my gear in a second hand converted jogging stroller...

KC9...like Jesse said...the B&P kick like a baby...almost like cheating. I got turned on to them a few years ago and haven't looked back. I'll have extra if you get in a bind and can't find some. I'm shooting Wed and Thurs...look me up. I'll be wearing a Hear-Pro Team shirt.

Thanks for the offer... I'll be the one wearing a Chicago White Sox cap without a team jersey or sponsorship, haulin' my gear in a second hand converted jogging stroller...

Only thing you will use your jogging stroller for is to take your gear from vehicle to room and back. You drive from stage to stage at the Rock.

Edited by Mark R

Only thing you will use your jogging stroller for is to take your gear from vehicle to room and back. You drive from stage to stage at the Rock.

Some places like Doe Valley or between bays that are are too close to re-park but a bit of a pain to walk could really use a stroller or cart.

Stages are on page 16 of this thread.

Has anybody counted up the exact targets/ammo needed?

Pro stages ( based on one shot per steel and 2 on paper ) the MAXIMUM I am coming up with per gun is:

Pistol 217

Rifle 124

Shot 106

Buck 3

Slug 7

Yeah, that is before the occasional makeup shot or miss. The total round count is actually less given that most stages have either/or option on which gun you can use.

Amateur match round counts (2 per paper, 1 per steel, any targets that are shooters choice counted in both)

180 pistol

84 rifle

92 shot

3 buckshot

6 slugs

I know I shouldn't, but it is one of my pet peeves. That is a terrible kneeling position! Never place your elbow on top of your knee cap. That is like placing two ball bearings on top of each other......not stable at all! Slide the support arm forward, the triceps should be placed on the knee cap making for a much more stable platform.

Also the right arm should be chicken winged way up higher.A good sling would help a bunch as well....like a Ching sling.

I know I shouldn't, but it is one of my pet peeves. That is a terrible kneeling position! Never place your elbow on top of your knee cap. That is like placing two ball bearings on top of each other......not stable at all! Slide the support arm forward, the triceps should be placed on the knee cap making for a much more stable platform.

Also the right arm should be chicken winged way up higher.A good sling would help a bunch as well....like a Ching sling.

You're right you shouldn't. How do we know that he wasn't shooting Rocky Mountain and had to get up high to avoid shooting a tree limb and being DQ'd.

I've been wondering about this. My triceps aren't that pliable so the arm rolls around. But there's kind of a divot right before the knee, kind of where he has his elbow. But that has no bone to bone cantact. How should one handle that? Edited by DDustin