Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caldwell Chronograph

Just saw this and was wondering what the rest of you thought of the Caldwell Ballistic Chronograph. It seems to be a decent solution for getting chronograph data into your hands. Not sure how well the chrono works, but the idea of connecting it to your smartphone via the headphone jack appears to be a good idea.

Just saw this and was wondering what the rest of you thought of the Caldwell Ballistic Chronograph. It seems to be a decent solution for getting chronograph data into your hands. Not sure how well the chrono works, but the idea of connecting it to your smartphone via the headphone jack appears to be a good idea.

post-51213-0-89716900-1387487754_thumb.j

Edited by pobro

• 3 months later...

MidwayUSA finally has these. I bought one and shot over it this past weekend. Love it. The smartphone interface is the only way to go. I have an Android phone and had no problem downloading and using the app from Googleplay.

MidwayUSA finally has these. I bought one and shot over it this past weekend. Love it. The smartphone interface is the only way to go. I have an Android phone and had no problem downloading and using the app from Googleplay.

I ordered one from Graf & Sons, a few bucks less than midway and free shipping. I downloaded the app on my iPhone and it looks pretty slick. Going to try it out this weekend hopefully.

I ordered one from Graf & Sons, a few bucks less than midway and free shipping. I downloaded the app on my iPhone and it looks pretty slick. Going to try it out this weekend hopefully.

KEWL!

Please try some shotgun shells thru it, I am really curious as to if it will register them correctly. End of muzzle at about 6 feet from the 1st pickup..

Thanks!

jj

Just got one of these and took it out to the range today. Velocities seemed to be close to what I was getting with my Ohler, but I did not do a side by side comparison. The iPhone app was nice and worked well. I'lll try to do a side by side comparison in the coming weeks.

Thanks, Sevo.

Someone upthread mentioned using the Android app, while the reviews of the app seem to lead to it being 'not quite ready yet.'

Is all expected functionality working with the Android app?

String change, string save/delete, SD, ES, FPS per shot, etc?

Still not sure I'm thrilled about requiring a phone to be connected to it for it to work 'fully,' but the price and convenience (still don't have a good bag for my ProChrono, and my tripod is huge..) is tempting.