Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3-Gun at the NRA Whittington Center 2014

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to thank everyone who came out for being our guinea pigs!

We learned: Our experimental 16" target at 400yds (4MOA) looks big as a house, but doesn't flash well at all with .223. You can hear it though! :surprise:

We learned: that you can spin a spinner with regular birdshot! Well, you can if you haven't used up all your rounds before you get there! :devil: But, man, does that thing psyche some people out!

We learned: well, kind of split decision between stairs and ladder, and a few votes for "they both stunk!" :ph34r:

Anyway, thanks for letting us try things out on you! Look for a few more guinea pig situations on June 28. Bwahahahahaha! :devil:

:wub: Denise

Stairs were OK and introduced an unusual element. I didn't like the ladder though. The stages were fun and I had a good time. My squad was fun and seemed to really like tromping around in the woods with firearms. The 16" plate would make a great slug gong.

Is it a 1/2" or a 3/8" plate?

It was a 3/8" plate. We will probably try 1/4"...

Rocky Mountain Targets http://www.rockymtntargets.com/ is working hard with us to get 4 MOA targets at various distances!!!

We're getting there!

That just wasn't quite it! :surprise:

Thanks to Mike G for working with us so diligently!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Not cheap and a lot of hassle for RO's to change batteries etc.

We like them, too, but can only do a few targets with them since when using the flashbulbs, we need to build in a LOT of redundancy as you can never tell when one burns out, OR is shot or what have you.

One bulb, you never know if they missed or it just didn't flash because its batteries are dead or the sensor fell off... Two bulbs, if one goes, then...you need to fix it right away. 3 bulbs, then if one burns out you check at the end of the squad. So minimum of 3, 4 better!!!

Lot's of initial cost and the batteries ain't cheap either! :surprise: We use them when we can, so we can use larger targets at longer distances...just looking for an easier/cheaper target that's bigger at longish distances! :ph34r:

Denise

• 3 weeks later...
Our last "local" match down in Raton before Rocky Mountain Worlds will be next Saturday, June 28.

4 Natural Terrain Stages - Rifle/Shotgun, Shotgun/Rifle, Rifle/Pistol, Shotgun/Pistol

You'll need a rifle sling. There are about 35-45 targets each for rifle, pistol and birdshot and about 5 slugs!

We have a couple RM3G things we need to try out on you! :devil: Bwahahahahaha! (That's an evil laugh!)

Newbie briefing at 0830. Shooter's briefing at 0900. We want to be shooting by 0930.

MEET at: YHEC south of the set ranges, near the gully! (There will be adventure camp on the YHEC ranges, so be sure to drive slow and go on past them! :-) There will be a map at the gate!

$30

See you there,

Denise and JJ

Stages are set up!!!

Should be a LOT of fun!

See you newbies by 0830 out on YHEC. Directions at the gate when you sign in!!!

0900 Shooter's Briefing.

We plan to be shooting by 0930.

We're even shooting up in VanHouten Canyon this time!!!

See you tomorrow morning!

Denise

Yet another rockin match from the Johnsons. 4 RM3G level stages. Exactly what I needed to prepare for World Shoot. I especially liked the river run pistol action. Thank you JJ and Denise once again for doing these matches for us!

Robert, those were probably horse flys, the bigger grey ones that bite are anyway...deer flys are smaller and black with black markings on the wings.

rumor has it that dryer sheets help repel those pesky flying insects with the huge teeth...

Wipe them on your skin, and hang one in your hat and back beltloop.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ