Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben Stoeger USPSA Fundamentals: 8–9 March 2014 in Atlanta, GA

Andreas

Instructor: Ben Stoeger is a USPSA Production Grand Master, having numerous Section, Area, and National Championship wins. Ben finished the 2011, 2012, and 2013 seasons as the USPSA Production National Champion.

Date: 8–9 March 2014

Time: 0900–1700 both days

Course topics:

USPSA techniques (this will consist mostly of specialized movement techniques)

Moving targets

Stage breakdown/analysis

Practice tips and techniques

High-speed accuracy

Preparation for major matches

+ anything people request to be added

Course description:

The class consists of shooting a variety of drills and USPSA stages with Ben teaching techniques and then assessing each student's performance and providing personalized feedback and guidance. Students will have an opportunity to re-shoot the stages and drills with this feedback in mind. The class is geared toward USPSA shooting, but the vast majority of the concepts apply equally well to IDPA. The goal is for each student to leave the course understanding what they need to do to develop their shooting.

Check feedback on recent classes and a discussion on the November class.

Ammo: Expect to shoot 500 rounds per day. Bring extra.

Class Size: Maximum of 12 students, and I need at least 8 to hold the class.

Payment: $400 ($350 tuition + $50 range/materials), payable by check or money order. Full balance must be paid to hold your spot. No refunds after 8 February unless there's someone to take your spot.

Contact me for payment details (Andreas Yankopolus, andreas@yank.to).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just curios if anyone who went to the class thought it was worth the cost? I am not saying it is not, just trying to see if you get a good bit of training and gain from the course.

What does "worth the cost" mean? in my experience, it would have taken me azzloads of ammo to learn the same things. i took a class from ben last year, and within few months of practice had improved by scores by 15-20%. I took another class from him 2 weeks ago. I was a little worried that it would be the same ol stuff, but i think I got even more out of it this time, and got some strategies to improve in some very specific areas and also some evidence that the stuff I had been working on was showing results.

I really learned what and how i need to practice to move to the next level.