Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Revolver Nationals Entries

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going major even though I have plenty of 8 shots laying around. I am just not fully convinced that the 8 shot minor can take the 6 shot major but a lot will depend on course design and if it is 8 shot friendly then I might have to shoot one of my 8 shots.

Not going! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

+1,

Protest because of 8 shot or just can't make it? Either way sorry you both can't make it.

Edited by revoman

+1,

Protest because of 8 shot or just can't make it? Either way sorry you both can't make it.

Little bit of both. Can't make it, but I was not too happy with the 8 shot decision. My pockets are not too deep and I saved for a long time to get what I thought was the ultimate revo for USPSA ( a Carmonized 625). Comparing 6 shot revo vs 8 shot in regards to SS 8 shot major vs 10 shot minor , is not even in the same ball park.

In Limited or Open division you can expect equipment changes. I was just hoping Prod/SS/& Revolver were going to be pretty stable.

Definitely don't have the bucks to own 8 and 6 shot and then try to game match to see which is most effective. But, hey , that's life and changes happen everyday. That's also the beauty of having other divisions to shoot.

All that being said, if job situation was a little more stable . I would send in my registration fees for both SS & REvO and do them back to back just like I did last year. Shooting with 120 roundgunners last year, was almost as cool as the first Memphis Charity Match I went to. :cheers:

Even though i'm having a 8 shot minor gun being built, I'm signing up as Major. I think, if anywhere - the revo nats will still remain 6 shot neutral

I'll bet you're right. That design crew makes darn sure the SSN is 8-round-neutral every year, and all they would have to do is move (or pull) a few targets here and there to make the Revo Nats 6-round-neutral. I checked major.

Edited by Carmoney

Even though i'm having a 8 shot minor gun being built, I'm signing up as Major. I think, if anywhere - the revo nats will still remain 6 shot neutral

I'll bet you're right. That design crew makes darn sure the SSN is 8-round-neutral every year, and all they would have to do is move (or pull) a few targets here and there to make the Revo Nats 6-round-neutral. I checked major.

I don't remember them pulling many( or any) targets at last years nationals although they did change the start position and a few other minor things. Last years National was like any other match, some stages were revolver friendly some were not(6 shot that is).

It didn't matter last year because we all shot the same courses of fire with a equal capacity revolver. No big deal if you had to do a standing reload everyone had to. This year will be different.

I don't remember them pulling many( or any) targets at last years nationals although they did change the start position and a few other minor things. Last years National was like any other match, some stages were revolver friendly some were not(6 shot that is).

It didn't matter last year because we all shot the same courses of fire with a equal capacity revolver. No big deal if you had to do a standing reload everyone had to. This year will be different.

I bet last years turning target standards and the field of steel stage would have been good examples where an 8 shot would be at a good advantage.

A Speed-E-Rack for the 627, fresh starline 38 short colt and a plane ticket today for Xmas, guess thats my wife telling me I'm heading to nationals! See you guys there!

Now just to figure out this major/ minor thing...