Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to chime in and say what an awesome time I had. This was the first level 2 match I have attended so I have no other matches to compare it to but I thought everything went pretty smooth. It was pretty much just like a local Club match with a few exceptions.

Most of the cof's were longer by which I mean they covered more ground.

A few targets were at a greater distance than what I have see at most Club matches.

The competitors were much higher ranked than what I have shot against at my local Club matches. It was pretty awesome to shoot behind the guy that won the match. It was also very humbling to realize how bad I suck and how much further I would like to go. I was on squad 2 and there were a lot of really good shooters on that squad. They were all extremely nice and very helpful. I can't wait for the next one.

A great big thanks for all the hard work of the staff. I really appreciate the effort you guys and gals put into this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Very awesome match, loved it! This match was done really well in pretty much every aspect, thank you all who helped make it happen. Definitely in my list for a must shoot match next year.

Here are the photos I took. They are still being uploaded, I took over 1000, so it may take until tomorrow to get them all up but you can see some now. I tried to get everyone in my squad on each stage but depending on the shooting order I may not got as many of some, sorry, and I was only able to take pictures of my squad. feel free to use them as you wish, if you click the "..." icon you can download it in any size so you can recrop or put it on your fridge. Thanks everyone and enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/russellhjoy/sets/72157644565101648/

Edited by Russellhjoy

We had a pleasant surprise for a few shooters. The original plan was to offer awards up to third place, based on how many competitors were in the class. However, we had 3 groups with more than 20 shooters each: Limited B, Limited C and Production B. We are sending 4th Place awards for those 3 classes. The person who was 4th Production B beat 24 other competitors. That is more shooters than we had in several entire divisions. It just seemed like a good idea to go deeper with awards in those 3 division-classes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to get to making this post for a while. Please excuse the delay.

Thank you for all the positive comments about the match. It would not have happened without the help of lots of people, including Linda Chico, Donnie Bryson, our stage designers, CROs, ROs, stage workers, volunteers from Mid-Carolina Rifle Club (MCRC), and Roy Mullis, the CRO of MCRC. I hope that all of the competitors enjoyed the match. Since this was the first match I've been in charge of, I would appreciate any constructive criticism to help me improve if I ever do this again.

Congratulations to all our winners and to all the participants for staying safe during the match. I think this is the first major match I've been a part of where there were NO DQs. I hope that most, if not all, of you will come to the SC Section match next year and repeat that success.

And please take some time to thank all of our sponsors for supporting our match and our sport.

Sincerely,

Julie Holling, Match Director

The Blue Bullets SC Section Championship