Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hounding people for money

Canuck223

Gotta agree on the rethinking the friend designation. Also don't like hearing that a forum member is stiffing someone. Being an Enos member is kinda like having a good credit rating. I hate it when someone screws with that.

Some people's brains just don't register. When I first started working (35 years ago) a friend of mine needed a car real bad, so I lent him $1000. BTW, that was about half of my net worth at the time. So he buys the car, and time starts dragging by without a word of paying back. I remember the thing that REALLY pissed me off is when he shows up with an ounce of dope (weed) he had just bought which probably cost $200. I finally had to start hounding him and he got huffy about it. It took me many months to get paid back.

Lesson learned. never lend friends money.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend.

Edited by bountyhunter

I had one of my best friends rip me off for about 850 dollars in a handshake deal. Short of personal violence, I had no real way to collect it. It bothered me and made me mad for years.

Then I crossed a bridge in my life. God forgave me for much more. I forgave my friend.

End of story.

Edited by Gary Stevens

When I first went to work in construction,I was a pipe fitter.when ask for a loan this was my answer..

I made a deal with the local bank that I would not loan any money and they would not come out on this job and fit any pipe !,

Worked good..

Also don't like hearing that a forum member is stiffing someone. Being an Enos member is kinda like having a good credit rating. I hate it when someone screws with that.

Well said..I agree

In 30+ years of business I have lost $545.00 I have NEVER been stiffed by a friend. You don't want to owe me money and all that deal with me know that.

In 10+ years on this forum and many, many deals, I have had trouble with only one deal. Got paid eventually. See above :devil:

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter