Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson PM-9 worth the extra money over a Springfield Loaded

rcmigpilot

Pretty simple question, for an average shooter is the Dan Wesson PM-9 worth the extra $500+ over a Springfield Loaded? Everyone seams to agree the DW is a lot of pistol for the money, but is there that much of a difference that an average shooter be able to tell the difference?

being that I own both of these pistols I am qualified to answer this. The answer is no. They both function 100 percent with all the mags I have tried with a diet of my reloads using multiple styles of my owncastbullets and factory ammo. I have done much load development using multiple powders and the accuracy is about the same. The best I got was 1/2 inch at 25 yds with the Springfield. The DW it was 3/4 inch. Now considering that I have the same grips, SVI trigger ans magwell on both of them, the DW just feels better in my hands. Yes, the DW is tighter, but when looking at function and accuracy they are the same.

I guess it kinda depends what that gun will be used for, if you are keeping it stock or are you going to make it your own. I usually wont leave it stock and know that when buying, im putting in the trigger I like,front sight I like,magwell and grips I like, mag.release ect. If those Items are not on the gun and will be changed anyway in my mind spend less on the actual gun cost and put that money to the items to make it how I like. That is my perspective. I have a Springfield Loaded 9mm

Edited by Jcj81

I think Dw is worth the price over a Springfield loaded. Loadeds can be a little rough around the edges out of the box and the pm9 does have a few upgrades over the Springfield.

If a pm9 is within your price range you should grab it for sure

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely I own both and the Pm-9 is twice the pistol the SA is

With that said there is nothing wrong with the SA . Just like there is nothing wrong with a VW but a Mercedes is a nicer car.