Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought my first Tanfoglio

Kahai808

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also could shoot Ben Stoeger a mssg, he's on here, he helped me with some mag questions I had, can ask what he runs... I think he kinda knows what he's doing lol

Huge misconception, he doesn't know shit. You need to ask Brandon (the guy who makes sure everything on ben's guns is good to go).

I just got my own stock II this week but I've been shooting loaners for the last 6 months. Ran one at nationals and have throughly fingered Ben and Brandon's guns.

You also could shoot Ben Stoeger a mssg, he's on here, he helped me with some mag questions I had, can ask what he runs... I think he kinda knows what he's doing lol

Huge misconception, he doesn't know shit. You need to ask Brandon (the guy who makes sure everything on ben's guns is good to go).

I just got my own stock II this week but I've been shooting loaners for the last 6 months. Ran one at nationals and have throughly fingered Ben and Brandon's guns.

Guy makes his gun belch championships, beg to differ but I bet he knows a bit.

Just because he doesn't work on his guns doesn't mean he doesn't know.

And I said he knows what he's doing, not that he was a f*#king gun wizard....

I wonder if BeerBaron's , double action 4.75 length Stock II, would be legal to run in USPSA production division here ?

Don't really know if it's an advantage or not, just wondering if a Stock II is a Stock II no matter which country it's from as long as it's a factory double action Stock or Stock II production gun.

Edited by gennaro

Considering how jacked up some of the barrel lengths/descriptions are on "the list" I'd say yes, but then again it doesn't matter what I say, just what Amid on says...

Are you thinking of taking the mag well off your Limited, dropping in a DA trigger and shooting Production?!?

I don't see why not, that's pretty much what a Stock III is...

Kneelingatlas,

Then all I would have to do is fill in the holes, get longer grips, grind off the Limited name and scribe in Stock 2 on the slide.

Do you think they would notice ? LOL

To much work, just get a Stock II .

But it is nice to have so many different parts, from different Tanfoglio models, be easily interchangeable with each other.

They should have called this gun The Transformer . ( Decepticon )

I really like working with this platform.

Edited by gennaro

The XL firing pin is also on my list to consider, but it's my understanding that Henning's firing pin isn't Production legal. Or at least the one he lists on his website. I've seen other posts that allude to a new Production legal XL firing pin, but I don't know if that is ready for prime time or not. Maybe some of you guys know. :)

The other option obviously is to order Eric's from France, but that takes some time, unless someone is stocking these parts in the US that I don't know about.

To answer the question, hennings current XL firing pin is not production legal because as was already stated it won't work with the firing pin block. He has made announcments that he has one comming out with one that will work with the firing pin block and would then be legal for production. I'm anxious to try one of these out. If it works it should be the best possible firing pin option for stock II's.

Jim Jones of J&L Gunsmithing stocks all of Eric's parts which is nice because you don't pay insane international shipping to get them and he's ships quick so you would have it within a couple days depending on where you are located (I'm on the east coast and I get stuff from him in 2 days shipping USPS).

As for firing pin's, most of the serious USPSA shooters have multiple setup's. Ben uses a henning for practice so he can pop all of those tula primers he bought not to long ago (I just watch my friend Nick have about 80% sucess popping tula's with an Eric pin so it will set them off just not as reliably as is requires for our sport), he dryfires with a factory pin, and he uses Eric's pin in matches. All I have are federal primers so I use the Eric pin for practice and matches and a factory pin for dryfire.

Guy makes his gun belch championships, beg to differ but I bet he knows a bit.

Just because he doesn't work on his guns doesn't mean he doesn't know.

And I said he knows what he's doing, not that he was a f*#king gun wizard....

He won't dispute the fact that he isn't super knowledgable about guns and reloading. You can ask him yourself. I'm not saying he's a retard, just that there are better people to ask gun questions to. Ben is my friend, I was in the hotel all 3 nights at nationals as Brandon clipped springs and made sure Ben's guns were ready to run (he was doing the same thing to mine). If you are talking about shooting stuff yea I agree, he's a wizard and there is probably no better shooting instructor on the face of the planet (so long as you are not thin skined). But my responce was more or less just to mess with my buddy (assuming that he would read it at some point).

I wouldn't ask Tiger Woods to build me a set of golf clubs or Jimmie Johnson to build me a motor and they both do a pretty solid job of winning championships!

The XL firing pin is also on my list to consider, but it's my understanding that Henning's firing pin isn't Production legal. Or at least the one he lists on his website. I've seen other posts that allude to a new Production legal XL firing pin, but I don't know if that is ready for prime time or not. Maybe some of you guys know. :)

The other option obviously is to order Eric's from France, but that takes some time, unless someone is stocking these parts in the US that I don't know about.

To answer the question, hennings current XL firing pin is not production legal because as was already stated it won't work with the firing pin block. He has made announcments that he has one comming out with one that will work with the firing pin block and would then be legal for production. I'm anxious to try one of these out. If it works it should be the best possible firing pin option for stock II's.

Jim Jones of J&L Gunsmithing stocks all of Eric's parts which is nice because you don't pay insane international shipping to get them and he's ships quick so you would have it within a couple days depending on where you are located (I'm on the east coast and I get stuff from him in 2 days shipping USPS).

As for firing pin's, most of the serious USPSA shooters have multiple setup's. Ben uses a henning for practice so he can pop all of those tula primers he bought not to long ago (I just watch my friend Nick have about 80% sucess popping tula's with an Eric pin so it will set them off just not as reliably as is requires for our sport), he dryfires with a factory pin, and he uses Eric's pin in matches. All I have are federal primers so I use the Eric pin for practice and matches and a factory pin for dryfire.

Henning actually already released his production legal XL firing pin which uses the FB. Don't think it's on his site yet. Edited by Kahai808