Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bought my first Tanfoglio

Kahai808

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked up my stock 2 yesterday! started polishing my trigger bar. between learning to disassemble, polishing and reassembling it took me a good 3.5 hours. installed new hammer spring, sear spring,TR spring, EG xl firing pin. i guess we will see how it goes on saturday at norco. gonna put my first rounds through it and shoot a match. should be fun

you bought that gun in CALI? funny cuz i heard they were on the no GO list? i tried to sell my gun to a buddy of mine in cali this summer and the local gun shop wouldnt even look at it , didnt want it in their parking lot or near the store because EAA and TANG were not legal, the only way was to put a 6 to 7 inch barrel and put a block in the mags so they could only hold 1 round and it would be legal under the thompson center fire pistol law

i would like to add that in CA, we have a roster list. If a gun is not on the list, its called off-roster gun. It is not an illegal gun, it is just that, off-roster gun. Before it gets political, look up who does SSE or have your buddy visit Calguns. or you could PM me for info. Not all LGS do SSE btw.

you bought that gun in CALI? funny cuz i heard they were on the no GO list? i tried to sell my gun to a buddy of mine in cali this summer and the local gun shop wouldnt even look at it , didnt want it in their parking lot or near the store because EAA and TANG were not legal, the only way was to put a 6 to 7 inch barrel and put a block in the mags so they could only hold 1 round and it would be legal under the thompson center fire pistol law

Mlussoro it was a single shot exemption. Which makes it perfectly legal. Torogi is correct.

A word to the wise: most things heard in a LGS are partly or completely bullshit :roflol:

You can count on the OWNER of the gun shop to give you a reliable answer to a question about the policy of that particular shop, but anything more than that should only be considered a primer for your own research. As a certifiable gun nut, I've been in quite a few gun shops and it's astounding some of the stupid crap you'll overhear :ph34r:

picked up my stock 2 yesterday! started polishing my trigger bar. between learning to disassemble, polishing and reassembling it took me a good 3.5 hours. installed new hammer spring, sear spring,TR spring, EG xl firing pin. i guess we will see how it goes on saturday at norco. gonna put my first rounds through it and shoot a match. should be fun

bottom of sear cage where the trigger bar runs under and down....top of plunger, and disconnector top and bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

lovely looking stock II's. it's interesting that your EAA branded stock II has the barrel protruding from the slide. my tanfoglio branded (aus market) stock II has the slide and frame fit flush with the barrel. and if anything (since we have min barrel length rules) aus barrels are usually the same or longer than their US counterparts (see CZ shadow for example).

I wonder if mine has longer slide and frame?

here's a pic of my little stock II. very basic. just has pen spring mainspring, recoil spring change, factory walnut grips and a set of henning grip screws.

post-50660-0-62256500-1389328764_thumb.j

Hmm they do call it a "stock 2 limited". The slide has "stock" on the left side and "limited 38" on the right. It seems like they use the limited frame and slide but without the holes for optic mount drilled.

Measuring the slide from the front to the back along the join between slide and frame it's 7.5 inch. It's 4.5 inch from muzzle to slide stop hole.

Muzzle to breach face is indeed 4.75 inch.

Barrel is 4.75 inch. 121mm.

Muzzle end to the part of the frame where the trigger guard starts is 3 inch.