Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Montana Gold still producing .223?

rutilate

During the hysteria during the last year Montana Gold wasn't producing any .223 projectiles, presumably because the demand for pistol bullets was so great. Does anyone know if/when they are going to start producing more .223?

Edited by rutilate

I had bought two boxes last fall and there was a quality question. They finally (~ August) decided to reimburse me rather than supply me with replacements. I don't know if they ever got it straightened out or not. There is a thread out there you can search for that describes the issues people were having.

I had bought two boxes last fall and there was a quality question. They finally (~ August) decided to reimburse me rather than supply me with replacements. I don't know if they ever got it straightened out or not. There is a thread out there you can search for that describes the issues people were having.

+1

love MG for pistol, will never shoot MG rifle bullets again...

There's a thread on the issues some were experiencing here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174006&hl=%20montana%20%20gold

I haven't seen MG .223 in stock in 6+ months. I'm assuming they are on hold, possibly pending ensuring whatever the cause of the issues above are resolved.

Xtreme has a good holiday sale going, code 17special gives 17% off 55gr FMJ-BT bringing their cost to 8.3c/rd shipped, in quantities of 500 or more.

After reading the above thread and seeing the pics from the suppressor torn up, as well as their currently listed pricing on them ($150/k or $350/case of 3500), MG just isn't on my radar for .223 bullets any more. They'd have a ways to go in pricing adjustment as well as positive user reports on their 55gr to 'convince me' to not just buy Hornady bulk packs for less $.

There's a thread on the issues some were experiencing here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174006&hl=%20montana%20%20gold

I haven't seen MG .223 in stock in 6+ months. I'm assuming they are on hold, possibly pending ensuring whatever the cause of the issues above are resolved.

Xtreme has a good holiday sale going, code 17special gives 17% off 55gr FMJ-BT bringing their cost to 8.3c/rd shipped, in quantities of 500 or more.

After reading the above thread and seeing the pics from the suppressor torn up, as well as their currently listed pricing on them ($150/k or $350/case of 3500), MG just isn't on my radar for .223 bullets any more. They'd have a ways to go in pricing adjustment as well as positive user reports on their 55gr to 'convince me' to not just buy Hornady bulk packs for less $.

Wow. Those pics are pretty damning. Umm... I received my order of MG 223s on December 26 of last year and reloaded about 1/2. Haven't shot much 223 this year. Any guesses as to whether or not I've got a bad batch? How would I find out without waiting for the muzzle break to be blasted out?

And thanks for the tip on Xtreme. Took advantage of that 17% discount!