Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I thought I had heard/read it all until...

RevolverJockey

The story you are about to read is true; the names have been changed to protect the... Well, to protect me from seeming like a jerk.

I was looking for a picture of a V-Comp cap to start prototyping an actual effect comp for revolvers. There in the middle of the page was this picture:

590F0314-4DE4-469B-9E3A-FBFEEDB43258_zps

I thought the grips looked interesting so I clicked onthe image and began to scroll through the posts looking to see if the aforementioned grips were detailed by manufacturer. Sadly, they were not. The thread was some sort of "which revolver for the zombiepocolypse" survivalist, theoretical discussion (at least I hope they know it is theoretical). There were Colt Pythons, the new Rhinos etc, shockingly no mention of a medusa (which I thought odd as it can shoot .380, 38 LC, 38 SC, and Special, .357, 9mm, 38 Super, 9 short, 9 largo, 9 steyr and I am sure others) which would be a great addition.

I will pause the story here.

We have all probably all heard outrageous claims about shooting and accuracy ability. There are people like Jerry out there. I once watched Bob Munden shoot a USPSA sized target 5 times in a with a snub nose .357 from 200 yards. I know amazing things are possible.

Unpause.

Then I came across this post:

B9D0D0D8-8110-4553-A8CC-6DC8F06C53B0_zps

Don't get me wrong, I love revolvers. I wouldn't say I am 10 times more accurate with one than with a bottom feeder but I like them. (Doing some quick math - a 4" group becomes just shy of 3 1/2'). I am not even all that shocked by the fact of it being a Taurus - not may favorite but they are good for what they are. Not having trouble with the .357 outperforming .44 mag part - tons of factors, none of which I would ever even consider.

The part I am sti trying to wrap my head around is, "I can take the center out of clay pigeons from the hip at 35 yards pretty consistently..." FROM THE HIP!!!!! I am imagining like quick draw? Never would I be inclined to shoot any gun "from the hip" but I am trying to visualize someone swinging around raging bull or some other 6" hog leg trying to hit anything single or double action.

Has anyone heard a claim more outlandish than consistently hitting clay pigeons at 35 yards firing a .357 double action revolver from the hip? Oh, and can anyone identify those grips?

Thanks,

Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

+1 on those grips being Nills. They make a ton of different styles and when I cchecked them out a few years ago it seemed like a pain to get them in the US.

I think Bill Jordan had an act in his show where he shot aspirin from the hip at 7 or 10 yards. So the guy is in the same company as Ed McGivern and Bill Jordan.

I believe it was actually on this forum where a guy discussed hitting shotgun shells at 100 yds with a Glock.

Did he throw the gun sidearm like a boomerang?

Edited by Tom E

I believe it was actually on this forum where a guy discussed hitting shotgun shells at 100 yds with a Glock.

Did he throw the gun sidearm like a boomerang?

I just remember it because I was brand new and thought man... I will never be that good. Now I know nobody will so its not that bad.

I think if you put up enough clay pigeons and put them close enough, you couldn't help but hit then. I think as a metric, saying consistently means >50% of the time. I would love to see someone hit a clay pigeon from the hip at 35 yards. I would when give them a few cylinders to try and get it right.

Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

Seriously I did see Bill Jordan in person shoot asprin tablets from the hip at probably 15'. He even turned them to show his control. He set up a camera/monitor so we could see it better. He did it several times to show it wasn't a fluke. His trick on the draw was fantastic also. He used wax bullets and it was at Oklahoma University, those were the days.