Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The blue bullets-New bullet company

narcop

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the no lube groove front...

SNS Casting has a 125 RN that I've shot from my chamber length challenged CZ and like.

Precision makes several no lube groove coated bullets. But when I push tested the 147's, they came up so short that the insertion would be more than .3". I won't be loading these unless I move to a different gun. They would work fine in my Glock.

Donnie, at Bayou, says he will have no groove molds soon. I will buy a sample of those to try.

I think my PPQs chamber is the CZ's long lost cousin, also needing to load on the short side.

I've got some of the new SNS, along with some BBI, a few Bayous and others to do some workup on today..

I'm wondering how long you can seat the new SNS 125grs to w/your CZ?

Here I'm limited to 1.085", which is actually better than the MG 124gr JHPs (1.065"), but was hoping to load a bit longer.

I seated the no groove 125's to 1.10.

I've just ordered the 750 rd small flat rate box of 147gr. I'm curious as to how the flat point profile will perform in my Glock. I've never shot FP in a 9mm.

I cant imagine they will be anything less than perfect. Ive never had any issues at all after the tons of them I have shot through my XDM.

I've just ordered the 750 rd small flat rate box of 147gr. I'm curious as to how the flat point profile will perform in my Glock. I've never shot FP in a 9mm.

I cant imagine they will be anything less than perfect. Ive never had any issues at all after the tons of them I have shot through my XDM.

Agreed and I'm anticipating success. I've loaded and shot nothing but FP's out of my G35 .40 S&W. I'm anxcious to load some of these up. If they work, I'll save more than $20.00 / 1K compared to plated.

I've been using these guys for the last year or so:

ibejiheads.com

They are based in New Jersey and run by a nice guy named Alex. I believe Alex is a chemical engineer and the alchemist responsible for the Ibeji coating. Ibeji was a big supporter of Area 7.

When I first ordered from Ibeji their bullets were electric blue. That was before their website was online and they were still working out the kinks. I notice the website shows black bullets but I believe they are now producing a dark blue color.

My experience has with Ibeji Heads has been top notch. I've always gotten my order within a week and I can't tell any difference in cleaning requirements between Montana Gold bullets and Ibejis. Using WST and N320, there is a little smoke with the Ibeji bullets but nothing like the diesel locomotive effect you get from running hard cast lead. I've tested MG vs Ibeji with the same powder (WST) using just a flashlight on the my club's indoor range and the Ibejis are totally usable on low light stages. I'd still opt for MG on low light or long range (40yard +) but I don't have any problems with the Ibejis grouping at 20 yards.

I don't think you'll have any trouble. All of these places seem to use the same 147gr mold. I've run small numbers of Bayou 147gr through my G17 and G34 without any issues so far. I load them to 1.135".

• 6 months later...

I tried coated bullets (bbi) with horrible results loading was nice no shavings no issues. But shooting very smokey thick soot on gun even mouth of the gun around barrel thick black scared to try to clean the barrel lol. I have been told it was possibly because I was using titegroup at 4.7gr. But it's my favorite load.

I tried coated bullets (bbi) with horrible results loading was nice no shavings no issues. But shooting very smokey thick soot on gun even mouth of the gun around barrel thick black scared to try to clean the barrel lol. I have been told it was possibly because I was using titegroup at 4.7gr. But it's my favorite load.

The "load" is inclusive of all components used in the shell. If you just used your favorite charge but changed the bullet it is no longer the same load. Going from jacketed or plated to BBIs likely made you exceed you previous velocity by a large margin. Titegroup is also a wicked hot (temperature) powder, shoot 15 rounds fast and hold your barrel, it is dramatically different temp then others.

You may have been pushing them too hard and should double check with a chrono to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "load" is inclusive of all components used in the shell. If you just used your favorite charge but changed the bullet it is no longer the same load. Going from jacketed or plated to BBIs likely made you exceed you previous velocity by a large margin. Titegroup is also a wicked hot (temperature) powder, shoot 15 rounds fast and hold your barrel, it is dramatically different temp then others.

You may have been pushing them too hard and should double check with a chrono to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decreased my charge by 6-8% as recommend by the owner. Think I should've went lower though. Went from 5.5 to 4.7

I've been shooting these bullets for nearly 1 year now. I found one 9mm bullet in a my box of 40s and my fingers look a little "Smurfy" after a lot of handling...I suppose I should ask for a full refund. I'm the customer dammit!

In all seriousness, I've used them in 9mm (124gr), 40s&w (180gr), 45 ACP (230gr) and recently 158gr 38s. I've shot probably 800 45 ACP, 1900 40s and 1200-1600 9mm without a hick-up. No issues what so ever. They are all feeding through my Hornady bullet feeder and with load development they are as accurate as you can ask them to be. I've had no leading of the barrels either. Note that I clean my firearms after each use with a maximum of probably 500 in one session.

They are gradually replacing their grooved molds with molds that do not have the lube ring. I can't say I've noticed the difference in accuracy but the larger bearing area should help. They also use virgin lead instead of recycled so I think they are a little more consistent than some others.

Based upon my experiences I will continue to buy their product.

I can't get enough of the;

9mm 147gr round nose

.40 200gr round nose

.45 230gr round nose

I'm on my first case of .380 95gr as well.

I won't go back to plated or lead.

I am using the same bullets and weights and like you no looking back.

They are gradually replacing their grooved molds with molds that do not have the lube ring. I can't say I've noticed the difference in accuracy but the larger bearing area should help.

I had better accuracy with the round nose 147gr over the flat point.

15 yards rested the difference was noticeable.

They are gradually replacing their grooved molds with molds that do not have the lube ring. I can't say I've noticed the difference in accuracy but the larger bearing area should help.

I had better accuracy with the round nose 147gr over the flat point.

15 yards rested the difference was noticeable.

Blue's 147 no groove RN and their 200 .40 RN no groove are noticeably more accurate in my guns than any others I have tried without the funny smell. I am still experimenting with the .45 230 so I cannot make this statement yet. The 147 no groove is giving me match grade accuracy in 2 of my Glocks. One fitted with a Bar-Sto and the other with a fitted KKM. I get consistently up to 3/4" better groups at 25 yards than with the other coated and plated bullets I have tried. The only bullet I have not compared that I can find is the 150 SWC from Bayou and I am loading up several batches this morning to try with e3, N320 and RS Comp.

We load tens of thousands of the 9mm 125g RN no lube grove every week. There are several critial points to keep in mind with these.

You will have to dial back what you normally use with plated. We load WC231 @ 4.4 grains which is about half a grain less than we load our Montana Golds.

Belling on the case needs to be slightly larger to avaoid shaving the coating off at the seating die.

Bullet must be oriented nicely on the case to avoid side shaving at the seater die as it reorients and straightens the bullet as it seats.

NO CRIMP AT ALL. Just take the bell out. Typically you end up with .379 at the mouth of the case. Any more and the side coating will strip off as the bullet is fired from the case.

They are a bit more of a PITA to load but we and our customers love them.

We still only use Montana Gold for our premium line but these blues when loaded properly are very accurate and much cleaner than bare lead.

Plus Nathan and his Dad are both police officers and fellow competitive shooters doing this on the side so they deserve all the support we can give them.

Anyone else have a problem with a M&P 9mm stock barrel. I am using the 147rn and they wouldn't fully chamber AOL was 1.130. I purchase a storm lake barrel and haven't been having the issue figuring the chamber on the stock barrel is a tighter tolerance were the heads are .556. Been loading these with 3.1 with TG and accuracy has been dead on with a PF 132.

Did you have to adjust the Hornady bullet feeder die (9mm)? I love the blue bullets but having problems with them feeding through the die. I hate to adjust the collets as they work perfectly with my jacketed (MG) bullets and am considering either buying another collet set to "adjust" or getting the die for a Mr Bullet Feeder as that it reported to work with lead as well as jacketed bullets.

Anyone else have a problem with a M&P 9mm stock barrel. I am using the 147rn and they wouldn't fully chamber AOL was 1.130. I purchase a storm lake barrel and haven't been having the issue figuring the chamber on the stock barrel is a tighter tolerance were the heads are .556. Been loading these with 3.1 with TG and accuracy has been dead on with a PF 132.

OAL isn't 'magic,' guessing, or 'get random number off the Internet.'

Every bullet and your barrel combination has a specific Max OAL - why not learn it and check it for yourself?

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34225.msg189131#msg189131

(We probably have an equivalent thread on BE somewhere, but I find the diagram done on the CZ forum to be the best way to explain this one...)

I ordered 500 of the 165gr 40 bullets to try out. Overall I was impressed with the quality of the bullets, the weight was consistend and all that I measured were the same diameter. I used them in two matches, accuracy was good, they fed reliably and I noticed no smoke wile shooting. The problem I had was in chamber checking. For some reason I could not figure out about 30% of the ammo I loaded would fail to drop freely into the chamber of my barrel, wedging in about .100 short of fully entering the chamber. This was not a little bind, the round had to be pressed hard to fully seat. It could be that my chamber is overly tight, the rounds that failed in my barrel fit fine in my friends chamber. As I have an AET barrel I'm not really wanting to open up the freebore on it. The problem is definately with the bullet, when I pry the ones forced into the chamber out the coating is scratched off around the front of the bullet were it was binding in the freebore.

It's funny, all of the bullets measure the same diameter, the brass is all the same, but 3 in 10 loaded rounds just don't fit. I bought some Berrys 180gr round nose and they all chamber check fine. Other than this problem I liked the bullets a lot and next year when I start loading 9mm for my revolver I plan on trying the Blue Bullet 147gr RN first. As for my friend, when he runs out of plated 165s he plans on switching to the Blue Bullet 165s.

Did you have to adjust the Hornady bullet feeder die (9mm)? I love the blue bullets but having problems with them feeding through the die. I hate to adjust the collets as they work perfectly with my jacketed (MG) bullets and am considering either buying another collet set to "adjust" or getting the die for a Mr Bullet Feeder as that it reported to work with lead as well as jacketed bullets.

I've been able to get the Hornady bullet feeder to run both MG and Blue bullets but I had issues at first.