Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate Minor Springs

NewfoundlandLaw

Hey All

To celebrate my wife getting her Black Badge, I purchased her a new CZ Czechmate Parrot. (She loves the colors... :) )

As I live in Newfoundland, reloading components are nearly impossible to get. As such, I would like to get the gun to run in full open configuration with factory ammo. (I have a Eric Gold 2010 that loves factory ammo so I don't bother reloading 9 yet...)

Will the czechmate's factory recoil spring work with factory ammo? If not, is it just a matter of swapping in a 14 lb CZ-75 spring?

If not, where can I buy a lighter spring?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe ask the question over in the "Technical -> Factory Pistols -> CZ" sub-group on enos instead? Or did you already get your new parrot and try it out?

I have the Czechmate also, but since I'm probably still 1-2 months away from reloading major 9mm, I've just been running the CM in its 'limited' configuration with the target front sight (no comp) and my 9mm production loads and its a lot of fun. I just assumed that the three port compensator would bleed off too much energy to run well with factory ammo, but I should try it out, unless you get to it first :-)

... and that's good to know that your Eric Gold with a 2 port comp will run factory ammo (is factory ammo for you 115gr or 126gr bullet?) - that could be fun for steel challenge. Did you need to change the spring on that?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...