Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a replacement for Dunkin Donuts ground or whole bean coffee

Recently the price of Dunkin Donuts ground or whole bean coffee by the pound jumped by 33%. I used to be able to buy four pounds for $27; now they're $36.

I'm looking for a more affordable replacement -- that's a mellow medium flavor, like DD.....

Anything Starbucks related is out, my palate considers their coffee to have been burned rather than properly roasted....

Suggestions? I'm on the East Coast -- so it should be either available in supermarkets/Sam's/BJ's or by mailorder....

Sorry but some things I refuse to budget. Jamaican Blue Mountain whole bean medium roast. I grind it at the fine setting each time I make a cup of coffee. Pure ambrosia. Check out Lina Epicure in Canada on line.

http://www.linaepicure.com/JBM-Medium-Roast-Whole-Bean/productinfo/JBM535/

Well Nik you could checkout the following place. http://www.coffeeforless.com/whole-coffee-beans.html It is the order site for Tully's Coffee from Seattle. I have two sisters that used to work in the same building where they have a store and always loved getting some of their coffee when I would visit. The Jamaican Blue Mountain is one of the coffee;s listed on this site.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

My coffee comes from the nearest gas station or convenience, or sometimes from Mickey D's. But, I just retired after almost 32 years as a police officer and though I have consumed an endless stream of coffee, I have only had "designer" coffee once or twice. My "commoner type" palate would not stand any of the "gourmet" blends. By the way, I have only had one cup of coffee from Starbucks that a friend brought me to the range. It was way over rated.

No question about it; the price of coffee has been going up since the first of this year.

Root cause of this phenomenon is - - - - - - - OBAMACARE !

(OBAMACARE has also caused Global Warming and Stanford's loss to USC.)

Ranger6

"It's got to be true if it's on the internet. They can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true" A. Lincoln

Sorry but some things I refuse to budget. Jamaican Blue Mountain whole bean medium roast. I grind it at the fine setting each time I make a cup of coffee. Pure ambrosia. Check out Lina Epicure in Canada on line.

http://www.linaepicure.com/JBM-Medium-Roast-Whole-Bean/productinfo/JBM535/

same here.since generic coffee's prices skyrocketed i see no point in saving only few bucks a pound when i can get much tastier coffee beans . i stick with Brown kenya AA beans ground to 5 . tried many others i like as well . among them tanzania peaberry AA Brown , galapagos , maragogyp Brown , maui Brown and peru organic gets my highest ratings. i find them all Under the same roof at a local specialty coffee shop

Edited by sigsauerfan

I just ordered a grinder a couple days ago and some Ethiopia Yirgacheffe and Sumatra Mandheling beans to start with. I'm looking forward to trying some fresh ground coffee.

Edited by birdzman

• 8 years later...

Ditto on the "Eight o Clock Columbian Peaks" as a DD cheaper alternative. Its not too bad.
Another one I found that's even better, IMO, is "Wesley Farms Columbian Supremo" found at BJ's Wholesale Club. I buy it whole bean and I'm very impressed at how satisfying it is. Its as close as I can get to DD.