Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Level 2 matches geared to Revolver shooters

I have a post up in the Match announcement section, any REVO shooters think they would be interested in shooting back to back Level 2 USPSA matches in REVO using a 6 shot in 1 match and 8 shot in the other? The matches will be identical, like the SS and REVO Nats last year, but now we can REALLY see that an 8 shot over 6 shot has a clear advantage, hopefully this will be a good test of the 6 vs. 8 discussion and we can compare REAL hit factors from a Level 2 match. Feedback is more than welcome, thanks, John Z.

I think this is a good idea. I think it would be even more interesting if you used stages that were not designed for the SS or revolver divisions. It would be interesting to use stages similar to past area and nationals matches. We know they were not designed with revolvers in mind.

I think this is a good idea. I think it would be even more interesting if you used stages that were not designed for the SS or revolver divisions. It would be interesting to use stages similar to past area and nationals matches. We know they were not designed with revolvers in mind.

Exactly my plan, stages set up per USPSA guidelines give a CLEAR advantage to 8 shot guns, we should all realize this as there is max 8 shots from any 1 position, on an average field course, the 8 shot gun saves 2 reloads over the 6 shot, and those 2 reloads would most likely be static.

Should have definetive dates and all that in a week. I am really trying to absorb as much feedback as I can get before final decision is made. I know there are other matches that time of year, but not everyone can make Nats, so this may be good for the good folks on the East Coast. Oxford, NC being the top of NC, it's not a bad drive from the Northeast, from the Miss river to the West, and drive North from Florida is not too bad.

• 4 weeks later...