Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 swager

You guys just cost me a LOT of money...

I was about to buy one of the Ebay swagers, until I searched and read this thread.

So instead, I just bought a Super 1050 in .223 and it's being shipped to Craig Forcht for an auto drive conversion.

Jeez, thanks guys. :bow:

must be nice to have that kind of cash just laying around. But I envy you. Hopefully I'll be there one day. With a fully automated system.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to buy one of the Ebay swagers, until I searched and read this thread.

So instead, I just bought a Super 1050 in .223 and it's being shipped to Craig Forcht for an auto drive conversion.

must be nice to have that kind of cash just laying around. But I envy you. Hopefully I'll be there one day. With a fully automated system.

It's not just laying around. It's part of a business loan. My business partner and I just bought 4 tons of military 5.56 brass.

It's not just laying around. It's part of a business loan. My business partner and I just bought 4 tons of military 5.56 brass.

Holy smokes that's a business venture for sure. So just to sell the brass or is it going to be for loaded ammo? Either way hope this business works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am pretty sure if they are in the ammo making or "re-manufacturing" business, the State Department is going to hit them with ITAR fees as well.

Nope. Just selling brass, but I do have an ammo manufacturers license to go along with my 01 license as an FFL in case I ever want to jump into it. Shame how much ITAR hs gone up over the last 5 years, since Obummer took over.

So is the new Dillon trimmer going to be able to "chew" once fired .223 down to .300 Blackout length?

If it wasn't for ITAR fees, I'd be eyeballing a class III SOT and a move over to Missouri pretty hard.

So is the new Dillon trimmer going to be able to "chew" once fired .223 down to .300 Blackout length?

If it wasn't for ITAR fees, I'd be eyeballing a class III SOT and a move over to Missouri pretty hard.

We should have coffee sometime. I'm in Swansea. :surprise:

Yes, the 1500 was supposedly designed with that in mind. Many have been using 1200s in that fashion with success for that matter.

Yes, the 1500 was supposedly designed with that in mind. Many have been using 1200s in that fashion with success for that matter.

I wish Dillon would let us pre-order one. I'd already be on their list.

I use 9mm military brass to load for 9mm major in my open gun. I ordered one of these to try and will say I am moderately satisified. I have a dillon super swage and while it works very well for its intended purposes, every time i have to handle cases adds to my overall reloading time. That was the whole purpose of going to a 650. My gripes with the unit are that the stock shell plate flexes a lot. I just ordered one of the gs custom shellplates and will report on it when I receive, but now I am getting into some pretty serious $$$ for just swaging pockets. Swager was about 90 bux and if you need the 9mm shellplate to make it work properly add 40 bux. Then to add the 223 shellplate it will go to around $170 total for the whole system. I am still willing to spend that much to avoid handling cases if it works well. We shall see.

• 6 months later...

Is there any other place to buy GS Swager and shell plates except for ebay? I abhore eBay and dread re-joining.

I do not think he advertises any other place and he does not have a web site. I too don't use ebay at all unless I find somebody talking about some thing I need and then I go there.

I use 9mm military brass to load for 9mm major in my open gun. I ordered one of these to try and will say I am moderately satisified. I have a dillon super swage and while it works very well for its intended purposes, every time i have to handle cases adds to my overall reloading time. That was the whole purpose of going to a 650. My gripes with the unit are that the stock shell plate flexes a lot. I just ordered one of the gs custom shellplates and will report on it when I receive, but now I am getting into some pretty serious $$$ for just swaging pockets. Swager was about 90 bux and if you need the 9mm shellplate to make it work properly add 40 bux. Then to add the 223 shellplate it will go to around $170 total for the whole system. I am still willing to spend that much to avoid handling cases if it works well. We shall see.

does it work for you 6 months later?

Since this thread has been revived, I should add that I have revised my initial review of the GS 650 swager to say that it does work moderately well. This was after I got a replacement swage pin from GS, which worked a little better. I had to shim it for a little more protrusion though, and this was with the GS shellplate.

I only did testing with it, I never used it in production, because it doesn't swage hard enough for me, and it causes the motorized 650 to shake like crazy.

I am running GS shellplates on my 1050s, I do like his design better than Dillon's. If there's a 1050 misfeed on the GS shellplate, the brass usually just falls away. On the Dillon shell plate if there's a misfeed it's going to jam everything up. That said, almost every shell plate I've gotten from him has required some sanding and finishing work.

Since this thread has been revived, I should add that I have revised my initial review of the GS 650 swager to say that it does work moderately well. This was after I got a replacement swage pin from GS, which worked a little better. I had to shim it for a little more protrusion though, and this was with the GS shellplate.

I only did testing with it, I never used it in production, because it doesn't swage hard enough for me, and it causes the motorized 650 to shake like crazy.

I am running GS shellplates on my 1050s, I do like his design better than Dillon's. If there's a 1050 misfeed on the GS shellplate, the brass usually just falls away. On the Dillon shell plate if there's a misfeed it's going to jam everything up. That said, almost every shell plate I've gotten from him has required some sanding and finishing work.

Just want to state, that I to had gotten the new swage pin + I also shim the stop by .060" and that makes it work well.