Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A funny thing happened on the way to the chrono

outerlimits

ok, head to range to chrono some .223 & .308. set up the chrono, laid out the loads and proceeded to chamber the first round. i'm looking thru my vortex 1x6 at 1x when i notice something moving down range. i dial up the scope to 6x and it's a huge friggin' bull elk just grazing away...right in the middle of the chrono sky screens! sorry about the photo, but i maxed out the iphone zoom and it's still tough to see clearly-the elk is within the upper left half of the sky screens. IAC, i waited till he was at least outta my field of view. what are the odds?

post-2786-0-85642500-1384391951_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've seen a couple of deer get shredded on a range. Track mounted M2 .50 cal familiarization was going on and between rotations a couple of deer came out and started to graze behind one of the trucks used as a target. When the platoon started shooting the deer ran out and the ricochets turned them into burger meat. Range control was all over us until they verified that the deer were not visible until they ran out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Impressive....we only have a couple of hams at our club and thier humor isn't that good (James "Tarr Baby" Tarr for example...). Can we trade? Jim's got family in Oregon.....I am sure we could work out something.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

At my local club something like this happened a few times. We had deer on our back stop for sporting clays and skeet. My buddy shot a clay out of the air and the falling BBs rained on a turkey once as well. I think someone said they had to call the rifle range cold because a deer was hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

I’ve had turkeys in the range. Shot right over top of them and they didn’t even care 

Real  "bird brains", if you ask me     ?

Animals don't seem to associate large noises with death - the first

shot might startle them, and if they get startled they tend to run.

But, my shooting on my property didn't seem to affect them very much.    :)