Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What would YOU do to improve IDPA?

Mark Perez

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"While IPSC and USPSA provide a pretend scenario where one can use custom race guns to emulate battles with virtually unlimited targets that pose no threat as well as allowing virtually unlimited ammo"

DUDE, when where you hatched, IDPA makes up STORIES and calls them "scenario's" for you the shooter to be a pretend hero.... in USPSA we call them a course of fire. thats what they are... no hype, no pretend. tell the shooter what he can do, or can't do and be gone... my biggest annoyance at IDPA matches are 10 min of a SO telling me this long winded story then expecting me to remember the one sentence "shoot these 1-1-2-1-1" because i said so.

I am an advocate of IDPA and a huge fan of the sport when done right. i have problems with USPSA clubs when done in a retarded way.. (yes i know a club that is horrible yet stays in business in BOTH sports)

Guest Larry Cazes
While IPSC and USPSA provide a pretend scenario where one can use custom race guns to emulate battles with virtually unlimited targets that pose no threat as well as allowing virtually unlimited ammo

Well, been following this one for weeks now and I've tried but its hard not to chime in......IPSC and USPSA definitely provide no pretend scenarios and no emulated battles, just pure competition on marksmanship, gunhandling, and athleticism. Frankly, this is a good thing for a lot of us. We like it this way!